WWE is having some issues trying to re-trademark the “Dean Ambrose” name, as the United States Patent & Trademark Office is requiring Jon Moxley’s consent. WWE filed the trademark request back in November after it was allowed to expire in August. Of course, Moxley currently works for AEW and didn’t part ways with WWE on the best terms so it remains to be seen as to whether he’ll provide written consent or not.
The response from the USPTO says, “Applicant must clarify whether the name DEAN AMBROSE in the mark identifies a particular living individual”.
Accordingly, if the name in the mark does not identify a particular living individual, applicant must submit a statement to that effect (e.g., “The name shown in the mark does not identify a particular living individual.”).
However, if the name in the mark does identify a particular living individual, applicant must submit both of the following:
(1) The following statement: “The name(s) shown in the mark identifies a living individual(s) whose consent(s) to register is made of record.” If the name is a pseudonym, stage name, or nickname, applicant must provide the following statement: “DEAN AMBROSE identifies [specify actual name], a living individual whose consent is of record.”
(2) A written consent, personally signed by the named individual(s), as follows: “I, DEAN AMBROSE, consent to the use and registration of my name, [name], as a trademark and/or service mark with the USPTO.”
The response also requires that the phrase “Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service” in the goods & services the name is being trademarked is “indefinite and must be clarified to specify 1) nature of entertainment services provided, e.g., production of performance or organizing/conducting performances; and 2) how performances are broadcast, e.g., recorded to enable broadcast.”
WWE now has six months to respond, or the application will be abandoned.
- Fresno State vs UNLV Prediction, Game Preview
- College Football Week 4 Picks: 10 Best Games For A Parlay
- Maryland vs Kent State Prediction, Game Preview
- Iowa vs Colorado State Prediction, Game Preview
- TCU vs SMU Prediction, Game Preview
- Northwestern vs Ohio Prediction, Game Preview
- D-backs extend Lovullo despite 104-loss season
- Cards win 12th in row, longest streak since ’82
- Facing an uncertain future, key to Gaudreau’s present may be Monahan reunion
- PHOTO: Karrion Kross & Scarlett Get Engaged