WWE is having some issues trying to re-trademark the “Dean Ambrose” name, as the United States Patent & Trademark Office is requiring Jon Moxley’s consent. WWE filed the trademark request back in November after it was allowed to expire in August. Of course, Moxley currently works for AEW and didn’t part ways with WWE on the best terms so it remains to be seen as to whether he’ll provide written consent or not.
The response from the USPTO says, “Applicant must clarify whether the name DEAN AMBROSE in the mark identifies a particular living individual”.
Accordingly, if the name in the mark does not identify a particular living individual, applicant must submit a statement to that effect (e.g., “The name shown in the mark does not identify a particular living individual.”).
However, if the name in the mark does identify a particular living individual, applicant must submit both of the following:
(1) The following statement: “The name(s) shown in the mark identifies a living individual(s) whose consent(s) to register is made of record.” If the name is a pseudonym, stage name, or nickname, applicant must provide the following statement: “DEAN AMBROSE identifies [specify actual name], a living individual whose consent is of record.”
(2) A written consent, personally signed by the named individual(s), as follows: “I, DEAN AMBROSE, consent to the use and registration of my name, [name], as a trademark and/or service mark with the USPTO.”
The response also requires that the phrase “Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service” in the goods & services the name is being trademarked is “indefinite and must be clarified to specify 1) nature of entertainment services provided, e.g., production of performance or organizing/conducting performances; and 2) how performances are broadcast, e.g., recorded to enable broadcast.”
WWE now has six months to respond, or the application will be abandoned.
- Steinberg’s MMQB: Biggest FA departures in the East
- Ericsson, after eight years, revels in winning feeling
- North Carolina Tar Heels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Kyle Larson wins All-Star Race at Texas Motor Speedway
- WWE NXT TakeOver: In Your House Results – Fatal Five Way Match
- WWE NXT Great American Bash Special Announced
- Mariners’ Haniger exits; fouled pitch off knee
- Boone on sliding Yanks: ‘We need to step it up’
- Islanders manage playoff intensity to perfection in Game 1 win over Lightning
- Old Dominion Monarchs: CFN College Football Preview 2021