WWE sent out the following press release, revealing that Barstool Sports CEO Erika Nardini has been nominated to their Board of Directors.
We reported last month here on eWn that Parkwood Entertainment President/COO Steve Pamon was also elected to the Board:
WWE® ELECTS ERIKA NARDINI TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that Erika Nardini, CEO of Barstool Sports, has been elected to its Board of Directors.
“Erika is a seasoned executive with a tremendous track record of building businesses, developing experiences, and engaging different audiences across the media ecosystem,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO. “Her entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen and understanding of today’s consumers will serve as a perfect addition to our Board of Directors.”
Nardini was named Barstool Sports’ first CEO in 2016 and since that time the company has experienced tremendous brand and business growth as one of the fastest-growing lifestyle brands on the internet, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. During her tenure at Barstool Sports, Nardini has launched more than 35 brands, including breakout franchises in sports, entertainment, female lifestyle, business and sports betting. She also spearheaded the development of more than 1,500 social accounts, a top channel on SiriusXM and the #1 selling flavored vodka in North America, Pink Whitney.
Earlier this year, Nardini launched a strategic partnership with casino operator Penn National Gaming, valuing the company at $450 million. In September 2020, Barstool Sports and Penn National Gaming launched the Barstool Sportsbook.
Prior to joining Barstool Sports, Nardini held c-suite and leading roles at media platforms such as Microsoft, AOL, Demand Media and Yahoo! She also was part of two early stage start-ups in the fashion and music industry and sits on the advisory boards of the Premiere Lacrosse League and Food52.
- NFL Predictions, Schedule, Game Previews, Lines, TV: Week 8
- Carolina Panthers vs Atlanta Falcons Prediction, Game Preview
- Big 12 Predictions, Schedule, Game Previews, Lines, TV: Week 9
- Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Prediction, Game Preview
- Way-too-early 2021 MLB Power Rankings: What’s next for Dodgers, Rays and all 30 teams
- MLB: Turner disregarded coronavirus protocols
- Kyle Busch scores first win of 2020 at Texas Motor Speedway
- Kansas vs Iowa State Prediction, Game Preview
- Kansas State vs West Virginia Prediction, Game Preview
- The Wrestling World Reacts To Tracy Smothers Passing Away