WWE posted the following statement earlier tonight, noting that Adam Cole and Velveteen Dream were injured during Sunday night’s NXT TakeOver 31 pay-per-view event. The company will be providing further updates on Wednesday night’s NXT broadcast. Here is the official statement:
Adam Cole and Velveteen Dream are both listed as injured following the events of NXT TakeOver 31, WWE.com has learned.
Cole suffered broken ribs and contusions due to an apparent attack suffered at the hands of powerful newcomer Ridge Holland. Holland dropped Cole’s limp body at ringside following the conclusion of the NXT Championship main event between Finn Bálor and Kyle O’Reilly, prompting his fellow Undisputed ERA members to call for immediate medical attention.
Velveteen Dream, meanwhile, suffered a fractured wrist after facing Kushida at TakeOver 31. Kushida forced Dream to submit to the Hoverboard Lock and then continued the onslaught after the bell, armbarring Dream until officials interjected. Despite the injury, Dream is medically cleared as tolerated.
These injuries are on top of the previously reported injuries incurred by Bálor and O’Reilly during their intense and acclaimed title bout. Get updates on both Superstars’ condition this Wednesday on NXT on USA.
- Sun Belt Predictions, Schedule, Game Previews, Lines, TV: Week 9
- 10 Best College Football Predictions Against The Spread: Week 9 Big, Big Ten Assumptions
- Alonso set for two-day Renault test in Bahrain
- Alfa Romeo retains Raikkonen and Giovinazzi for 2021
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Aston Villa v Southampton
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Newcastle United v Everton
- Louisiana vs Texas State Prediction, Game Preview
- Appalachian State vs ULM Prediction, Game Preview
- BYU vs WKU Prediction, Game Preview
- UAB vs Louisiana Tech Prediction, Game Preview