WWE posted the following statement earlier tonight, noting that Adam Cole and Velveteen Dream were injured during Sunday night’s NXT TakeOver 31 pay-per-view event. The company will be providing further updates on Wednesday night’s NXT broadcast. Here is the official statement:
Adam Cole and Velveteen Dream are both listed as injured following the events of NXT TakeOver 31, WWE.com has learned.
Cole suffered broken ribs and contusions due to an apparent attack suffered at the hands of powerful newcomer Ridge Holland. Holland dropped Cole’s limp body at ringside following the conclusion of the NXT Championship main event between Finn Bálor and Kyle O’Reilly, prompting his fellow Undisputed ERA members to call for immediate medical attention.
Velveteen Dream, meanwhile, suffered a fractured wrist after facing Kushida at TakeOver 31. Kushida forced Dream to submit to the Hoverboard Lock and then continued the onslaught after the bell, armbarring Dream until officials interjected. Despite the injury, Dream is medically cleared as tolerated.
These injuries are on top of the previously reported injuries incurred by Bálor and O’Reilly during their intense and acclaimed title bout. Get updates on both Superstars’ condition this Wednesday on NXT on USA.
- Clemson vs Florida State Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Villanova vs Providence Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Backstage Note On El Australiano Nearly Signing With AEW
- Backstage Note On WWE’s Booking Plans For WrestleMania 37
- UConn vs Creighton Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Tributes to a legend: Baseball world and beyond honors Aaron
- From the Negro Leagues to home run king: Hank Aaron’s legacy extends far past baseball
- Morris: Wall looking forward to new season and beyond
- Michigan vs Purdue Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Analyzing what led to Pierre-Luc Dubois’ benching by John Tortorella