On June 9, 2021, the official AEW Twitter account would put out a statement from the President & CEO of All Elite Wrestling, Tony Khan. This statement would regard Lio Rush’s retirement following the injury he sustained at AEW Double or Nothing this year.
Tony Khan would go on to state:
“Lio Rush reached out to me today, and he shared that he’d planned to announce his retirement from pro wrestling tonight. While this news was unexpected, I’m glad that he’s made a choice that he’s confident will make him and his family happy.”
He would wrap up the statement by stating:
“Lio is a great talent, and I enjoyed briefly working with him, and I absolutely wish him the best.”
If you want to read more about Lio Rush’s retirement, check out our report here.
We here at eWrestlingNews.com are a leading source for professional wrestling news. Check out the rest of our website for more professional wrestling rumours, news, results, and articles that you’ll absolutely love.
- Ericsson, after eight years, revels in winning feeling
- North Carolina Tar Heels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Kyle Larson wins All-Star Race at Texas Motor Speedway
- WWE NXT TakeOver: In Your House Results – Fatal Five Way Match
- WWE NXT Great American Bash Special Announced
- Mariners’ Haniger exits; fouled pitch off knee
- Boone on sliding Yanks: ‘We need to step it up’
- Islanders manage playoff intensity to perfection in Game 1 win over Lightning
- Old Dominion Monarchs: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Inside Patrick Wisdom’s improbable stretch of home run history