WWE issued the following:
Damian Priest wants to live in infamy as NXT North American Champion, but he’ll have to defeat one of the black-and-gold brand’s most decorated Superstars in Johnny Gargano to keep his hands on the title.
William Regal announced on social media that The Archer of Infamy will battle Johnny Wrestling for the title at NXT TakeOver on Sunday, Oct. 4.
One of @WWENXT’s rising stars vs. arguably the most consistent performer on the black and gold brand.
In his first #NXTTakeOver defense, @ArcherOfInfamy will defend the #WWENXT North American Title against @JohnnyGargano. pic.twitter.com/jfD0n5A9dU
— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) September 23, 2020
Gargano has been vocal about his and his wife Candice LeRae’s plans to bring gold back to the Gargano household. Priest, on the other hand, is fresh off his first successful title defense after a grueling victory over Timothy Thatcher. The first-time champion captured the title in a jaw-dropping NXT North American Title Ladder Match at NXT TakeOver XXX. In the critical moment of that match, Priest and Gargano found themselves atop the ladder. Gargano seemed destined for gold as he unhooked the title, but Priest held firm and knocked Johnny Wrestling from the ladder to secure the victory.
Can Gargano get the better of Priest in a one-on-one battle? Or will Priest be ready for another infamous TakeOver title celebration?
Don’t miss NXT TakeOver, streaming on Oct. 4 at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning
- Ricky Collins Jr. announces his retirement
- Cauz: The best backdrops for a CFL game
- Perez labels his experience as a ‘big’ weapon for Red Bull
- Senators appear poised to end bleak run vs. Western Canadian teams
- Lamborghini World Club’s ‘Encierro’ Rally
- Pramac Ducati shows off ’21 MotoGP liveries for Zarco, Martin
- Old Friends: Cooper excited to reunite with Reilly in BC
- Analyzing Ottawa’s North Division impact as Flames hit crucial stretch
- NWA Superstar Joseph ‘Jocephus’ Hudson Passes Away
- Even with wrist injury, Maple Leafs’ Matthews keeps historic run going