The International Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame sent out the following today, announcing that they will be honoring the late Andy Kaufman with the 2021 Excelsior Award on Saturday, August 28:
The IPWHF is extremely proud to announce the Inaugural “Excelsior Award” goes to the late, great Andy Kaufman; and will be presented on Saturday August 28th.
The legendary rivalry with Jerry “The King Lawler was key in propelling professional wrestling into the mainstream lexicon and into more American households than ever before.
From Andy’s famous promos and matches to the infamous “Letterman Incident”, this rivalry is often heralded as one of the top rivalries in wrestling history.
Join us for this historic moment on Saturday August 28 as we posthumously present the 2021 Excelsior Award to the late Andy Kaufman.
The Excelsior Award – an honor given in recognition of an esteemed and accomplished individual from a profession other than wrestling, whose actions and contributions have elevated professional wrestling and brought the sport to a higher level.
- Big Ten Expansion. What Does The Conference Do Now?: Daily Cavalcade
- White Sox activate DH Jimenez off IL Monday
- Padres get Frazier from Pirates for three players
- AEW Donates $100,000 To Support Charlotte’s “Safe Alliance’
- Tony Khan & Other AEW EVPs Flew To Chicago To Film Footage This Past Sunday
- Nye: Inside the Riders’ Green and White game
- Four undervalued UFAs who could be bargains when free agency opens
- Lions release 18, including QB Will Arndt
- WEC unveils more details on Bahrain double header
- Maple Leafs 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues