As we reported earlier here on eWn, Sting made his AEW debut during this week’s episode of Dynamite. According to a report from Fightful, the initial reaction backstage was shock and excitement. eWrestlingNews.com has learned that Sting was kept hidden throughout the day so nobody knew he was debuting until he appeared backstage just before he came out to the ring.
While many people were surprised, one talent said that they had heard about the signing “for a while” so it wasn’t a surprise to everyone, especially those involved in the segment and the top executives.
As noted earlier here on eWn, Sting has signed a “full-time, multi-year deal” with AEW.
- Dodgers see ‘aggressive’ deadline plan bear fruit
- Sources: Rays ace Glasnow facing Tommy John
- Mark Henry Comments On Vince McMahon Nearly Firing Owen Hart For A Prank
- Booker T Reveals What Other Wrestlers Can Learn From Nick Gage, More
- Ferguson: Landing spots for surprise cuts
- Nannini clinches maiden F3 win in Hungary
- Verstappen condemns boos directed at Hamilton from Hungary crowd
- New Jersey, Who Dis?: REDBLACKS unveil new threads
- Nick Ritchie should vie for top-six role with Maple Leafs
- Maple Leafs’ signing of Ondrej Kase comes with risk