As we reported earlier here on eWn, Sting made his AEW debut during this week’s episode of Dynamite. According to a report from Fightful, the initial reaction backstage was shock and excitement. eWrestlingNews.com has learned that Sting was kept hidden throughout the day so nobody knew he was debuting until he appeared backstage just before he came out to the ring.
While many people were surprised, one talent said that they had heard about the signing “for a while” so it wasn’t a surprise to everyone, especially those involved in the segment and the top executives.
As noted earlier here on eWn, Sting has signed a “full-time, multi-year deal” with AEW.
- Alonso to miss Alpine F1 launch following surgery
- BMW commits to supporting Andretti Autosport in Formula E
- John Morrison Responds To Injury Reports From RAW
- Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair Officially Set For WrestleMania 37
- Q&A: Brady Tkachuk on surging young Senators, his drive to excel
- Canucks’ underwhelming season hitting differently given high expectations
- Bikini Olympia Top 3 Reunite on ‘Femme Flex Friday’
- Triple H Challenges Elon Musk To A WrestleMania Match On Mars
- More Big Names Added To The WrestleCon 2021 Convention – Details
- O’Leary: A trip down football’s memory lane with Marv Levy