WWE’s next crossover sports superstar could come from the world of soccer, as Adebayo Akinfenwa says he’s had “calls” with WWE and has declared himself for the draft.
The Wycombe Wanderers FC star spoke with TalkSPORT recently and said that he has spoken with the company a couple of times about working with them.
— daRealAAkinfenwa (@daRealAkinfenwa) October 8, 2020
“I’ve had a couple of calls recently in regards to that,” he said. “I’ll be following up on that soon – so it could go up or down depending on the outcome of that. I can’t tell you a direct percentage in terms of that [coming to fruition], but it’s something I’m really passionate about, so watch this space, people.”
- Domino’s Pizza Upset After Pizza Cutter Segment On AEW Dynamite, ‘Assessing Advertising’
- X-Division Championship Match Confirmed For Impact Wrestling: Homecoming
- Elks leave LB Diggs, DE Lemon off final roster
- Rosters Taking Shape: Tracking cuts across the CFL
- NHL free agency grades: Evaluating how each Canadian team did on Day 1
- Mercedes: Red Bull should stop ‘tarnishing Hamilton’s reputation’
- Two sentences on every free agent signing of significance in the NHL
- Red Bull’s right to review petition rejected by FIA
- Jays address bullpen, get closer Hand from Nats
- 5 forwards Maple Leafs could target in ‘second wave’ of UFA market