MLW Battle Riot III aired last night. However, one of the originally announced wrestlers for the titular match, Richard Holliday was pulled from the bout on the night without any reason given at the time. Now though, a new report from Pwinsider has revealed the reason for Holliday’s absence.
According to the report, Holliday was pulled due to him being legitimately busted open earlier in the show. This was not planned and as a result, MLW’s doctors decided to pull Holliday from the show. The report also stated that Holliday did want to compete in the match regardless but, the decision was out of his hands.
MLW’s Battle Riot III was eventually won by the current MLW National Openweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone. Hammerstone would enter the match at number 35, and his victory has secured him a future shot at the MLW World Championship.
- WWE NXT 2.0 Group Could Be Called Up To The Main Roster Soon
- House Of Glory Returns With Featured Match – Amazing Red Vs. Will Ospreay
- Ticats add Bralon Addison to active roster
- From The Editor’s Desk: It’s time for Week 9
- Schumacher targets regular points with Haas in 2022
- Change at Mercedes for 2022 – but whose team will it be?
- White Sox P Rodon to test sore arm in Wed. start
- Giants 1B Belt has broken thumb; status unclear
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Ends Jaxson Ryker’s Undefeated Streak, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE News News – Shayna Baszler Continues Her Dominance, Styles/Riddle