It was revealed on Wednesday night’s episode of AEW Dynamite that Cody Rhodes will be competing as “The American Dream” (his father’s nickname) for one night only against Anthony Ogogo at the AEW Double or Nothing pay-per-view event. Despite this, Cody has reportedly abandoned the trademark.
Rhodes filed a trademark application for the name back in March of 2019. While it was given an initial refusal by the USPTO, the USPTO issued a notice on March 31st that the application is now abandoned. They said,
The application is abandoned because applicant’s response to the final Office action dated 7/10/2020 is not complete for the reason(s) stated below.
In this case, applicant did not (1) raise a new issue, (2) resolve all outstanding issue(s) in the final Office action, (3) provide any new or compelling evidence with regard to the outstanding issue(s), or (4) present analysis and arguments that were persuasive or shed new light on the outstanding issue(s). Additionally, applicant did not timely file a notice of appeal and no time remains in the response period.
- Braun Strowman Defends Raquel Gonzalez After Disrespectful Fan Comment
- Triple H Discusses The Current State Of WWE NXT
- How HEROS is changing hockey culture one child at a time
- Steinberg’s MMQB: Biggest FA departures in the East
- Burn Serious Calories Outdoors with These 5 Fun Summer Activities
- W Series to be shown in 175 markets as it strikes new broadcast deals
- Rosenqvist focused on recovery after ‘most violent’ crash of career
- Suzuki-Pacioretty trade headlines unlikely Canadiens-Golden Knights series
- Ericsson, after eight years, revels in winning feeling
- North Carolina Tar Heels: CFN College Football Preview 2021