New Japan Pro Wrestling issued the following statement this morning, announcing that NJPW President Harold Meij is resigning from the company and will be replaced by Takami Ohbari:
At a meeting of New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s parent company Bushiroad’s board of directors today September 29, 2020, a change was announced in NJPW’s directorship. This change will take effect at the beginning of NJPW’s 50th year of trading on October 23rd.
New NJPW President/CEO (as of October 23)
Takami Ohbari (current NJPW of America CEO)
We will provide further updates on this developing story later this morning here on eWrestlingNews.com.
- FA Most Wanted: Burnham set to continue elite production
- Reports: Yankees add O’Day to bolster bullpen
- Sainz: First Ferrari F1 test ‘a day I will never forget’
- Aston Martin shares sneak peak of Vettel undergoing seat fitting
- Jim Rutherford resigns as Penguins GM due to personal reasons
- Will anyone get in next year? Way-too-early 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame preview
- The Waggle, Ep. 246: Unique off-season w/ Kyle Walters
- Use This 5-Minute Dynamic Warm-Up Routine to Avoid Injuries
- OL Shane Bergman announces retirement
- As losses pile up for Senators, roster decisions come under microscope