In a sad report by ESPN, boxing legend Leon Spinks has passed away at age 67. He once defeated Muhammad Ali in an upset for the heavyweight championship. Spinks had been battling pancreatic cancer and numerous health issues over the last few years.
For those unaware, Spinks once wrestled the legendary Antonio Inoki 1986 in a “Boxer vs. Wrestler” match for NJPW. He also competed in FMW in the early 90’s and also WWA, becoming the Worlds Martial Arts Champion in 1992 by defeating Tarzan Goto.
On behalf of everyone here at eWrestlingNews.com, we would like to send out our deepest condolences and sympathy to the family of Leon Spinks during this tragic time.
Mauricio Sulaiman commented: “The boxing world has lost Leon Spinks. We send our sympathy to Brenda, family and friends. May he Rest In Peace“
The boxing world has lost Leon Spinks . We send our sympathy to Brenda, family and friends. May he Rest In Peace pic.twitter.com/rGnPfbHWAp
— Mauricio Sulaiman (@wbcmoro) February 6, 2021
- Colorado Avalanche clinch Presidents’ Trophy, West Division title
- Chris Jericho Injured During Blood & Guts Match, Status For AEW’s Double or Nothing
- The Updated Card For Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege PPV Event
- Pac-12 Expansion: What Schools Should The Conference Target?
- Landry: Anti-rouge? Maybe you’ve missed the point
- Brawn expects field to spread under new 2022 regulations
- Argos land three 2021 picks, one from 2020 class
- Kentucky Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match