As we reported last night here on eWn, The Forgotten Sons’ Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler appeared on SmackDown and helped King Corbin defeat Murphy. As seen, Jaxson Ryker (Gunner in TNA) did not appear and wasn’t mentioned at all.
As you’d likely guess, Fightful is reporting that Ryker is still in the “doghouse” and wasn’t brought in for the angle. There is still a lot of heat on him and he hasn’t been brought in for WWE’s tapings in several months. At one point, Ryker wasn’t featured on the internal roster sheets. The company is saying it “wasn’t worth the risk of bad publicity of him being on TV” and top WWE officials weren’t big fans of his when he was called up to the main roster anyways.
There was never any backstage heat on Blake and Cutler over the situation, as they were simply “caught in the middle” of it after Ryker’s tweets.
- Tony Khan Says AEW’s New Signing Is One Of His All-Time Favorite Wrestlers
- Former WWE Superstar No Way Jose Expecting His First Child
- Benning preaches more patience to already restless Canucks fanbase
- O’Leary: Canadian football loses a giant in Chris Schultz
- Darryl Sutter rides into Calgary with highest of expectations
- Top Olympia Winners Talk Social Media on ‘Femme Flex Friday’
- Insight: F1’s fallen giant outlines vision for revival
- Pirelli granted contract extension, remains sole F1 tyre supplier until 2024
- CFL teams honour and celebrate Chris Schultz
- Russell: No promises from Mercedes over 2022 F1 seat