Tottenham Hotspur host Arsenal today as 2000 fans are allowed back into the stadium for the first time in nine months, and Jose Mourinho’s men will be keen to secure a win over their bitter rivals in order to give their returning supporters a befitting gift and return to the top of the Premier League table.
The north London derby is expected to be a cracker as usual as both teams do have a point or two to prove right now despite their contrasting forms in the English top-flight, and more than bragging rights could be at stake.
Spurs have won six games, drawn thrice and lost once in the 2020-21 league campaign, while Arsenal have won four times, drawn once and lost five games.
A win for the hosts will further establish Mourinho’s dominance over the Gunners having not lost a home game against them in 10 previous matches across all competitions, while Arteta will also be desperately gunning for victory in order to quickly arrest his side’s poor run of form that has seen them record their worst start to a league campaign in 39 years.
Tottenham striker Harry Kane missed out on Thursday’s Europa League squad due to injury but could return for today’s clash.
Having already scored 10 goals in all competitions against the Gunners, the England international will become the outright highest goalscorer in north London derby history if he gets on the score-sheet today.
Erik Lamela will be unavailable due to injury, but Toby Alderweireld could be back in the starting XI after returning to training in midweek.
Sergio Reguilon and Carlos Vinicius are also a doubt for today’s matchday squad having missed Thursday’s trip, while goalkeeper Hugo Lloris will be assessed due to illness.
Arsenal will be without the suspended Nicolas Pepe, while David Luiz and Thomas Partey could both return to action.
The Brazilian centre-back was forced off at half-time last weekend following a clash of heads with Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Raul Jimenez.
Predicted Tottenham XI
Davies, Dier, Alderweireld, Doherty
Bergwijn, Ndombele, Son
Predicted Arsenal XI
Bellerin, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney
Willian, Lacazette, Saka
- Red Bull officially requests review of Hamilton’s Silverstone penalty
- Bombers to unveil Grey Cup banner at home opener
- Saudi Arabia keen to alleviate human rights concerns
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Reacts To His Win Over Keith Lee, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE RAW News – Alexa Bliss/Lilly-lution Shenanigans, Reginald Retains 24/7 Championship
- Jets 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues
- A’s acquire Chafin from Cubs for 2 minor leaguers
- MLB trade deadline tracker: A star outfielder on the Yankees’ radar, plus our latest buzz
- Quinn McKay Given Third Chance At Qualifying For ROH’s Women’s Title Tournament
- Keith Lee Promises To Tell His Story In The Next Week Or Two – Details