Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has provided a concerning update on Virgil van Dijk when asked about the defender’s rehabilitation during the pre-match presser yesterday.
The German explained that Van Dijk’s knee does not look too good. The centre back suffered an ACL injury back in October during Liverpool’s Merseyside derby game against Everton.
Jurgen Klopp went on to confirm that he is in regular contact with the Liverpool defender.
The Liverpool manager was quoted saying by the Mirror: “Considering the circumstances he is doing well but the knee doesn’t look good.
“It doesn’t look how a knee should but looks okay considering the surgery he had.”
The 38-cap Dutch international is expected to be sidelined for the remainder of the season and the fans will be hoping that Virgil van Dijk can recapture his best form when he returns next season.
The 29-year-old is one of the best defenders in world football but ACL injuries can be difficult to recover from, especially at this stage of a player’s career.
Liverpool have been plagued with injuries this season and it will be interesting to see if they can cope with the crisis and defend their Premier League title.
The Reds are currently without Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez in the defence as well. Gomez is likely to be out for several months but Alexander-Arnold should be back later this month.
Midfielders James Milner, Thiago Alcantara, Xherdan Shaqiri, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain and Naby Keita are sidelined with injuries as well.
Some of the Liverpool fans have taken to Twitter to share their thoughts on Klopp’s worrying update regarding Virgil van Dijk and here is what they had to say.
Man that makes it seem like he won’t be ready for start of next year.
— Andrew Stevens (@phillyaws) November 30, 2020
Gahh! “It doesn’t look how a knee should…” Scary Klopp it is horrible..
— Royboiboi (@Royboiboi1) November 30, 2020
Everton executed their game plan pretty perfectly.
— Crispy (@Crispy31600409) November 30, 2020
Realistically he may miss the start of next season. The Dutch are obviously desperate to have him for Euros but really hope they think more towards having perfect for the next World Cup. Hopeful as they are more intelligent than English Football decision makers
— #SoPooooool (@rakatakd79) November 30, 2020
Coming back is one thing but to play at the highest level is going to be a huge challenge
— browncheeks (@browncheeks84) November 30, 2020
That sounds horrendous.
— Nic McGreal 1️⃣9️⃣ (@N_Macca74) November 30, 2020
- Omega Defeats Moxley In An Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch To Retain AEW World Title
- Sting & Darby Allin Defeat Brian Cage & Ricky Starks In A Street Fight Match At Revolution
- Russell wary Ferrari engine gains will aid backmarker rivals
- Kyle Larson wins at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Coyne Schofield on fire, Roque steals show again on Secret Dream Gap Tour
- Max Caster Disses Opponents in Revolution ‘Ladder Match’ Music Video
- Applying Pressure: Argos changing defensive identity with FA moves
- Quartararo and Yamaha top final day of first Qatar MotoGP test
- ‘Foolhardy’ to ignore Alpine, Ferrari threat – Aston Martin
- World Championship Match Announced For ROH 19th Anniversary Show