The Hammers could face competition from fellow Premier League rivals Aston Villa this summer.
Abraham, who scored 18 goals in 47 Chelsea appearances last term, fell out of Frank Lampard’s starting line-up towards the end of last season behind Olivier Giroud.
The 22-year-old could further drop down the pecking order behind Timo Werner who joined this summer on a big-money deal from RB Leipzig.
The England international striker has only managed just 11 minutes of Premier League action this season.
He started against Barnsley in the Carabao Cup in which he netted his first goal of the season. He provided two assists, with Kai Havertz scoring a hat-trick.
Villa enquired about signing Abraham earlier this summer, but probably their interest has died down following the arrival of Ollie Watkins from Brentford.
West Ham need a solid striker, and Abraham could be a good option for the Hammers. Abraham scored 26 goals while on loan at Villa during 2018-19, and Dean Smith described him as one “hell of a talent.”
The Hammers fear that Chelsea may use this opportunity to negotiate a deal for Declan Rice who is Frank Lampard’s next major target.
- Red Bull officially requests review of Hamilton’s Silverstone penalty
- Yankees deal 2 prospects for Pirates RHP Holmes
- Maddon on Shohei MVP talk: ‘It’s not even close’
- Bombers to unveil Grey Cup banner at home opener
- Saudi Arabia keen to alleviate human rights concerns
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Reacts To His Win Over Keith Lee, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE RAW News – Alexa Bliss/Lilly-lution Shenanigans, Reginald Retains 24/7 Championship
- Jets 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues
- A’s acquire Chafin from Cubs for 2 minor leaguers
- MLB trade deadline tracker: A star outfielder on the Yankees’ radar, plus our latest buzz