According to The Athletic’s Charlie Eccleshare, Tottenham Hotspur defender Juan Foyth is set to join Villarreal on loan for the season.
Understand #THFC defender Juan Foyth is heading to Villarreal on loan. Spurs had hoped for a permanent sale.
Shame it’s not worked out as yet for Foyth. Think he’s got a lot to offer. Remember in particular he was excellent, one mistake aside, in Feb 2019 3-0 win over Dortmund.
— Charlie Eccleshare (@CDEccleshare) October 1, 2020
Leeds United were also linked with the 22-year-old, with head coach Marcelo Bielsa said to be keen to work with his fellow countryman.
The Elland Road outfit have since signed two centre-backs in Spain international Diego Llorente and Germany international Robin Koch, and it appears that they aren’t looking to bring in another defender ahead of Monday’s transfer deadline.
The Argentina international can also play at right-back, and he will now look to prove himself in the La Liga and hopefully secure a bigger move going forward.
Leeds reportedly offered £25 million for Foyth’s signature, but Spurs knocked back their bid, and they went for Llorente in the end.
- Indianapolis Colts vs Detroit Lions Prediction, Game Preview
- Cleveland Browns vs Las Vegas Raiders Prediction, Game Preview
- Eagles vs. Cowboys: How to watch, schedule, live stream info, game time, TV channel
- Sources: Rogue to sign Odoamne, promote Trymbi
- College Football Betting Advice, Final Thoughts: Week 9
- How to watch Bears vs. Saints: Live stream, TV channel, start time for Sunday’s NFL game
- Watch Seahawks vs. 49ers: How to live stream, TV channel, start time for Sunday’s NFL game
- Broncos vs. Chargers: How to watch live stream, TV channel, NFL start time
- Tigers name Hinch manager as suspension ends
- 2020-2021 College Football Playoff, Bowl Schedule