According to The Athletic’s Charlie Eccleshare, Tottenham Hotspur defender Juan Foyth is set to join Villarreal on loan for the season.
Understand #THFC defender Juan Foyth is heading to Villarreal on loan. Spurs had hoped for a permanent sale.
Shame it’s not worked out as yet for Foyth. Think he’s got a lot to offer. Remember in particular he was excellent, one mistake aside, in Feb 2019 3-0 win over Dortmund.
— Charlie Eccleshare (@CDEccleshare) October 1, 2020
Leeds United were also linked with the 22-year-old, with head coach Marcelo Bielsa said to be keen to work with his fellow countryman.
The Elland Road outfit have since signed two centre-backs in Spain international Diego Llorente and Germany international Robin Koch, and it appears that they aren’t looking to bring in another defender ahead of Monday’s transfer deadline.
The Argentina international can also play at right-back, and he will now look to prove himself in the La Liga and hopefully secure a bigger move going forward.
Leeds reportedly offered £25 million for Foyth’s signature, but Spurs knocked back their bid, and they went for Llorente in the end.
- Clemson vs Florida State Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Villanova vs Providence Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Backstage Note On El Australiano Nearly Signing With AEW
- Backstage Note On WWE’s Booking Plans For WrestleMania 37
- UConn vs Creighton Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Tributes to a legend: Baseball world and beyond honors Aaron
- From the Negro Leagues to home run king: Hank Aaron’s legacy extends far past baseball
- Morris: Wall looking forward to new season and beyond
- Michigan vs Purdue Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Analyzing what led to Pierre-Luc Dubois’ benching by John Tortorella