According to The Athletic’s Charlie Eccleshare, Tottenham Hotspur defender Juan Foyth is set to join Villarreal on loan for the season.
Understand #THFC defender Juan Foyth is heading to Villarreal on loan. Spurs had hoped for a permanent sale.
Shame it’s not worked out as yet for Foyth. Think he’s got a lot to offer. Remember in particular he was excellent, one mistake aside, in Feb 2019 3-0 win over Dortmund.
— Charlie Eccleshare (@CDEccleshare) October 1, 2020
Leeds United were also linked with the 22-year-old, with head coach Marcelo Bielsa said to be keen to work with his fellow countryman.
The Elland Road outfit have since signed two centre-backs in Spain international Diego Llorente and Germany international Robin Koch, and it appears that they aren’t looking to bring in another defender ahead of Monday’s transfer deadline.
The Argentina international can also play at right-back, and he will now look to prove himself in the La Liga and hopefully secure a bigger move going forward.
Leeds reportedly offered £25 million for Foyth’s signature, but Spurs knocked back their bid, and they went for Llorente in the end.
- Sources: Mariners calling up touted RHP Gilbert
- Boone: Yanks have 7 COVID positives on staff
- Maria Kanellis Gives High Praise To Quinn McKay, Talks LuFisto Coming To ROH
- WWE NXT Viewership For 5/11/21
- Syracuse Orange: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- O’Leary: TSN’s Duane Forde w/ some East-West context
- Canucks taking risk with Green despite steering ship through turbulent year
- Pirelli concludes 18-inch tyre test from Barcelona
- Tre Ford, Adam Machart lead 2021 East-West Bowl roster recognitions
- Sabres GM addresses Eichel injury, says captain hasn’t requested trade