Southampton are interested in signing Brandon Williams from Premier League rivals Manchester United in the summer transfer window, according to Sky Sports (Transfer Live blog, 7:11pm, October 4, 2020).
It has been reported that the Saints have made an enquiry about signing Williams on loan before the summer transfer window closes on Monday.
United want to make sure that that the 20-year-old left-back gets playing time during his loan spell, which the Saints cannot guarantee, claims the report, which has added that the Red Devils are set to sign Alex Telles from FC Porto.
Brandon Williams Stats
According to WhoScored, Williams made 11 starts and six substitute appearances in the Premier League for United last season, scoring one goal in the process.
Leaving Manchester United for Southampton
Williams is not going to get much playing time at United this season, and it would make sense for the youngster to go out on loan this summer.
Southampton are a big and established club in the Premier League, and a loan spell at St. Mary’s Stadium would be great for the England Under-20 international.
- GM: Quiet offseason reflects stage of M’s rebuild
- 31 Thoughts: Why Avalanche traded Ian Cole to Minnesota
- Report – WWE Signs Former EVOLVE Tag-Team Champion
- The Official Trailer For Pat Patterson’s Upcoming Documentary
- Marko advised Vettel to take a sabbatical prior to Aston Martin deal
- Babcock Bombs as Former Leafs Coach Tries to Clarify Marner Drama
- D’Station Racing enters WEC with TF Sport partnership
- Top 3 Penguins Trades Under Jim Rutherford
- NFL Playoffs Expert Picks, Predictions: Conference Championships
- Cauz’s Uniform Vault: Winnipeg Blue Bombers