Southampton are interested in signing Brandon Williams from Premier League rivals Manchester United in the summer transfer window, according to Sky Sports (Transfer Live blog, 7:11pm, October 4, 2020).
It has been reported that the Saints have made an enquiry about signing Williams on loan before the summer transfer window closes on Monday.
United want to make sure that that the 20-year-old left-back gets playing time during his loan spell, which the Saints cannot guarantee, claims the report, which has added that the Red Devils are set to sign Alex Telles from FC Porto.
Brandon Williams Stats
According to WhoScored, Williams made 11 starts and six substitute appearances in the Premier League for United last season, scoring one goal in the process.
Leaving Manchester United for Southampton
Williams is not going to get much playing time at United this season, and it would make sense for the youngster to go out on loan this summer.
Southampton are a big and established club in the Premier League, and a loan spell at St. Mary’s Stadium would be great for the England Under-20 international.
- Impact Announces Free Weekend Of Impact Plus – Details
- Former MLW Star Teddy Hart Jailed In Texas, Was Declared A Fugitive
- Sources: AB, Buccaneers reach deal on contract
- McLaughlin to race IndyCar in 2021, Team Penske to pull out of Supercars
- Saints’ Sanders, Thomas out against Panthers
- Sources: Red Sox interview Urueta for vacancy
- Kiermaier ‘surprised … upset’ at Gold Glove snub
- College Football Betting Advice, Final Thoughts: Week 8
- Daly expects an aggressive finale to the 2020 IndyCar season
- Still no certainties on 2020–21 NHL season after GM call