Spurs boss Jose Mourinho will name his squad for the European competition today, and with only 17 non-homegrown players allowed in it, the Portuguese faces a decision on who to omit.
Third-choice goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga is also expected to miss out after Tottenham could not agree a deal to move him on yesterday.
While Mourinho sanctioned a move for Gedson in January, making him his first signing at Spurs, the 21-year-old has struggled to impress, making just one appearance this season.
He started just two matches last season, and it remains to be seen whether he can force his way back into contention.
Tottenham’s midfield is well-stocked, with Tanguy Ndombele, Harry Winks, Moussa Sissoko and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg all ahead of Gedson in the pecking order.
Spurs have an option to make his 18-month loan deal permanent, and while it’s still early days, that won’t likely happen if he fails to impress as he enters the last nine months of his contract.
- Washington vs Green Bay Prediction, Game Preview
- Mercedes ‘lost some ground’ after strong start at COTA
- Zarco tops wet Misano FP3 as Quartararo, Bagnaia to contest Q1
- Love them or hate them, the Astros are really this good
- West Virginia vs TCU Prediction, Game Preview
- San Diego State vs Air Force Prediction, Game Preview
- New Mexico vs Wyoming Prediction, Game Preview
- NC State vs Miami Prediction, Game Preview
- Eastern Michigan vs Bowling Green Prediction, Game Preview
- League-leading Oilers make statement with road win over Golden Knights