Leeds United have been linked with a move for the Argentine midfielder Rodrigo De Paul this summer.
According to 90min, the Italian club have now informed Leeds that they will have to pay £40 million if they want to sign the 26-year-old playmaker.
De Paul has done well in the Italian League and a move to the Premier League would be the ideal next step in his career now.
Leeds United need to add more creativity to their midfield and the Argentine midfielder could be the ideal long term replacement for Pablo Hernandez.
Leeds have already spent a lot of money on improving their defence and attack. It will be interesting to see if they are willing to shell out £40 million for Rodrigo De Paul in the coming weeks.
Apparently, the 26-year-old is the leading target for Leeds United this summer and the newly-promoted Premier League club believe that Roberto Pereyra’s reported moves to Udinese could facilitate De Paul’s departure this summer.
The Watford midfielder is expected to join Udinese this summer.
It will be interesting to see if Leeds can convince Udinese to lower the asking price for De Paul and get the transfer across the line before the window closes.
- Iowa vs Indiana Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- 5 Biggest Off-Field Things That Matter: College Football Cavalcade
- NWHL 2021 Season Preview: Boston seeks title, Toronto expansion arrives
- Prospects News & Rumors: Safonov, Coronato & Sebrango
- Sources: Castro rejoins Astros for 2 years, $7M
- CFL.ca’s top 30 pending free agents
- Menezes, Briscoe to join Glickenhaus Hypercar effort
- What pitching every fourth day would mean for Trevor Bauer and the team that signs him
- Team WRT steps up to WEC in 2021
- Canucks earn cathartic win over Canadiens after roller-coaster affair