Danny Rose is not in Jose Mourinho’s first-team plans and Tottenham Hotspur wanted to get rid of him this summer.
The England defender was put up for sale by Tottenham over the summer, but despite being linked with a host of clubs, they failed to find a suitable buyer.
Several Spanish and Italian club showed interest, while Porto wanted to sign him on deadline day, but they could not agree a deal with Spurs.
Now, Football London are reporting that Spurs are frustrated that Rose still remains at the club, and that failed to seal his exit.
The left-back joined Newcastle United on loan last season. He was hailed as ‘quality’ by Steve Bruce and the Magpies decided to sign him permanently.
However, he appears to have no future at the club under Jose Mourinho. He has fallen out of favour of the Portuguese boss and may find it hard to get games this season.
Spurs have bolstered their left-back region by signing Sergio Reguilon. Also, Ben Davies is ahead of Rose in the pecking order. Unless both of them gets injured, Rose may struggle to get games this season.
It is indeed frustrating for the club and Spurs will have to pay his wages in full, when he has become surplus to requirements.
- Umpire: Didn’t ‘eject’ Orioles’ grounds crew
- MLB Power Rankings: Where all 30 teams stand as the top squads start to clinch
- Dovizioso confirmed at Petronas SRT for rest of 2021 and ’22, Morbidelli gets Yamaha factory deal
- Red Bull to hold Dallas F1 show run prior to US GP
- Pitt vs Western Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Missouri vs SE Missouri State Prediction, Game Preview
- Coastal Carolina at Buffalo Prediction, Game Preview
- Syracuse vs Albany Prediction, Game Preview
- Boston College vs Temple Prediction, Game Preview
- Mississippi State vs Memphis Prediction, Game Preview