Danny Rose is not in Jose Mourinho’s first-team plans and Tottenham Hotspur wanted to get rid of him this summer.
The England defender was put up for sale by Tottenham over the summer, but despite being linked with a host of clubs, they failed to find a suitable buyer.
Several Spanish and Italian club showed interest, while Porto wanted to sign him on deadline day, but they could not agree a deal with Spurs.
Now, Football London are reporting that Spurs are frustrated that Rose still remains at the club, and that failed to seal his exit.
The left-back joined Newcastle United on loan last season. He was hailed as ‘quality’ by Steve Bruce and the Magpies decided to sign him permanently.
However, he appears to have no future at the club under Jose Mourinho. He has fallen out of favour of the Portuguese boss and may find it hard to get games this season.
Spurs have bolstered their left-back region by signing Sergio Reguilon. Also, Ben Davies is ahead of Rose in the pecking order. Unless both of them gets injured, Rose may struggle to get games this season.
It is indeed frustrating for the club and Spurs will have to pay his wages in full, when he has become surplus to requirements.
- Live: Watch Aston Martin unveil its 2021 F1 car
- Technical Insight: A complete analysis of the launch-spec Mercedes W12
- The Rock Calls Vince McMahon A Father Figure, Praises Randy Savage
- Ducharme’s fingerprints all over Canadiens’ skid-snapping win vs. Senators
- The Wrestling World Reacts To Bobby Lashley’s WWE Championship Victory
- Report – WWE NXT Moving To Tuesday Nights On 4/13
- Rapper Bow Wow & T-BAR Continue Their Twitter Feud, Big E. & Liv Morgan React
- 31 Thoughts: Why NHL is exploring the NBA Top Shot trend
- How salary-cap unicorns Thornton, Spezza have revitalized Leafs’ depth
- Cauz: Discovering football gems while re-watching the 1954 Grey Cup