Earlier yesterday, it was revealed that Steve Parker’s side had jumped ahead of Sheffield United in the pursuit of Kongolo and they were in advanced negotiations with the Terriers for his services.
It is now reported that the Dutchman is undergoing a medical with the club after they agreed to pay a fee of £3m to sign him on a permanent basis from the Championship outfit.
Kongolo spent time with the Cottagers on loan during the backend of the previous season, but his campaign was curtailed after just two appearances due to a foot injury.
He has not played any part for the Terriers this term due to the same problem, but manager Carlos Corberan recently acknowledged that he could be on the move.
Kongolo can be regarded as a bargain signing for the Cottagers at £3m, given he was signed by the Terriers for £18m from AS Monaco a couple of years ago.
The 26-year-old is primarily a central defender, but he is also an useful option on the left side of the backline, where he has regularly played in the past.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Alonso ‘felt 300 per cent more confident’ through race
- Ole Miss Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Duke Blue Devils: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Maple Leafs’ Nylander rises to Keefe’s challenge after missed meeting
- Canucks emerging from darkest weeks with brightest performances
- A Video Of Mick Foley’s Appearance On “Pawn Stars”, Big NJPW Stipulation
- WWE NXT News – Franky Monet Interrupts Io Shirai, Ted Dibiase Sr. Appears
- MLB, union meet for 1st CBA talks, sources say
- A statement from the CFL on the murder of George Floyd
- Ex-NFL Star AJ Francis Says He’s Waiting For His Opportunity To Make WWE Debut