Earlier yesterday, it was revealed that Steve Parker’s side had jumped ahead of Sheffield United in the pursuit of Kongolo and they were in advanced negotiations with the Terriers for his services.
It is now reported that the Dutchman is undergoing a medical with the club after they agreed to pay a fee of £3m to sign him on a permanent basis from the Championship outfit.
Kongolo spent time with the Cottagers on loan during the backend of the previous season, but his campaign was curtailed after just two appearances due to a foot injury.
He has not played any part for the Terriers this term due to the same problem, but manager Carlos Corberan recently acknowledged that he could be on the move.
Kongolo can be regarded as a bargain signing for the Cottagers at £3m, given he was signed by the Terriers for £18m from AS Monaco a couple of years ago.
The 26-year-old is primarily a central defender, but he is also an useful option on the left side of the backline, where he has regularly played in the past.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Chicago Bears vs New Orleans Saints Prediction, Game Preview
- Los Angeles Chargers vs Denver Broncos Prediction, Game Preview
- Aalyah Mysterio Professes Her Love For Murphy, Corey Graves Interviews Lars Sullivan
- Guitar On A Pole Match + More Matches Confirmed For Monday’s RAW
- Indianapolis Colts vs Detroit Lions Prediction, Game Preview
- Cleveland Browns vs Las Vegas Raiders Prediction, Game Preview
- Eagles vs. Cowboys: How to watch, schedule, live stream info, game time, TV channel
- Indians lop off $30M, pass on Hand, Santanas
- Cubs decline option, but Lester hopes to return
- Sources: Rogue to sign Odoamne, promote Trymbi