According to French journalist
Mohamed Toubache-TER (via GFFN), Raphinha’s move to Leeds United occurred against the will of the player as he wanted to stay for another 12 months.
The 23-year-old was in tears on Sunday after his last game for Rennes, and key players were so outraged that they ask the club’s president to pull the plug on the Leeds deal.
The possible transfer of Raphinha to Leeds United is occurring against the will of the player, who was in tears on Sunday & wanted to stay for another 12 months – the Rennes dressing room were so outraged that key players complained to the president. https://t.co/3zmDMVoJEq
Concernant @raphinhab11_, il a quitté ses partenaires en pleurs hier après le #SRFCSDR.
Le joueur ne voulait absolument pas quitter le Stade Rennais.
Le joueur a pris connaissance de l’offre de Leeds, veille de match. #SRFC https://t.co/TNPycBCf0T
— Mohamed TOUBACHE-TER (@MohamedTERParis) October 5, 2020
Raphinha reportedly found out about Leeds’ offer on Saturday, and has since been announced as their last signing of the summer transfer window.
— Leeds United (@LUFC) October 5, 2020
While Rennes’ decision to sell the Brazilian to the Elland Road outfit wasn’t a popular one, the player will now look to put everything behind him and prove himself in the English top-flight.
— Raphinha (@raphinhab11_) October 5, 2020
The forward watched Leeds’ games against Liverpool and Manchester City and was enchanted with the style of play, and it will be interesting to see whether he can prove his quality in England having done so in Portugal and France.
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match
- Steve Austin Gives His Thoughts On Triple H
- Sportsnet announces Stanley Cup Playoffs first round broadcast schedule
- Johnny Bananas Offers His ‘Celebrity Sleepover’ Nutrition Tips
- Joey Logano’s crew chief suspended after Goodyear 400
- Stanley Cup Playoffs Power Rankings: Contender or pretender?
- Ferguson: When draft classes collide
- Mercedes: Hamilton would’ve passed Verstappen without second pit stop
- ‘He’s so fun to watch’: Yankees’ Cole shows he’s an ace for the ages
- Boone: Yankees have 7 COVID positives on staff