Chelsea central defender Antonio Rudiger does not want to join West Ham United in the summer transfer window, according to The Telegraph.
It has been reported that Chelsea are willing to include the 27-year-old centre-back in a deal to sign Declan Rice from Premier League rivals West Ham before the window closes on Monday.
Rice is a very talented and promising young player who can operate as a defensive midfielder or as a defender.
However, according to the report, the Germany international does not want to join West Ham.
True, West Ham are a massive club and are well established in the Premier League, but last season, David Moyes’s side narrowly avoided the dreaded drop to the Championship.
Rudiger has done well for Chelsea and has shown that he can hold his own in the Premier League.
Perhaps it would be best if the centre-back stays at Chelsea and fight for his place, although with Thiago Silva having joined the team this summer, it is going to be tough for him to play regularly.
- Guardians’ Ramírez injured, Francona out Friday
- Mets’ Scherzer out 6-8 weeks with oblique strain
- Oilers’ playoff hopes hinge on Mike Smith finding his game after Game 1 stinker
- As Matthew’s biggest supporter, Brady Tkachuk is stealing the show in Calgary
- Sato on top again in busy Thursday Indy 500 practice
- Edge Teases Paige Possibly Joining ‘The Judgment Day’ Faction
- Paul Wight Doesn’t Recall Actor Kieran Culkin Throwing A Beer At Him
- Racing Tips: Andrew Mount’s Friday Picks – May 20th
- Frankie Dettori Booked Rides Today | Back This 42/1 Goodwood Treble on Friday
- Adams learning on all sides of the game with Argos