According to Sky Sports Germany reporter Max Bielefeld, Leeds United’s move for Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Cuisance has failed after both clubs couldn’t agree to terms of a deal.
— Max Bielefeld (@Sky_MaxB) October 1, 2020
While the 21-year-old agreed personal terms with the Whites and had a medical, it appears that he won’t be moving to Elland Road any longer.
Leeds reportedly reached an agreement with the Bundesliga giants and were ready to part with around £20 million for his signature.
The deal was also said to involve a huge buy-back option given his huge potential, but both parties weren’t able to close the deal, and it has led some Leeds fans to react thus on Twitter after The Athletic’s Phil Hay shared the update:
Sky in Germany reporting that Cuisance move has fallen through. Waiting for news at this end. Very strange. Rummenigge was saying his goodbyes to Cuisance on Instagram yesterday. https://t.co/or2n7SOoGR
— Phil Hay (@PhilHay_) October 1, 2020
I feel physically sick to be honest with you. I’m rapidly falling out of love with football
— MOTweets 🏆 (@MOTweets1919) October 1, 2020
— Lewis Stuck-in-the-House (@lewisfieldhouse) October 1, 2020
What a nightmare
— Shaff Khaliq (@ShaffKhaliq) October 1, 2020
Its so strange
— Jack #LUFC (@ItzJack1995) October 1, 2020
Change of heart at the Bayern end one thinks.
— Adam Ross (@rossi_on) October 1, 2020
Thought you said the fee was agreed on Tuesday night?
— Tom Alderton (@AldertonTom) October 1, 2020
he also had his medicals mate 🙂
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) October 1, 2020
Changed their minds I reckon – shame but we move
— Ron (@ronaallleeds) October 1, 2020
They all seem to indicate that Leeds have pulled the plug…weird
— Dirty Leeds ¡Carajo! (@DirtyLeedsFC) October 1, 2020
Wow… kick in the balls that one.. clearly another club had sneaked in with a better offer in wages I would imagine… onwards and upwards
— Bite🏆 (@biteyerlegs70) October 1, 2020
Bayern Chief Executive Karl Rummenigge said his goodbyes to Cuisance yesterday, and many believed he was definitely going to join Leeds as a result.
Leeds saw Swansea pull out of a deal to buy Daniel James at the very last minute in January 2019 despite the Welshman undergoing a medical and posing for photos holding up the No 21 shirt, and this wouldn’t have surprised them too as they know a deal is never done until the player signs on the dotted lines and moves to Elland Road.
- Way-too-early 2021 League of Legends Global Power Rankings
- DAMWON usher in next generation of South Korean League of Legends
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction, Game Preview
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New York Giants Prediction, Game Preview
- Verstappen never found rhythm during ‘very tricky’ qualifying
- Hamilton: Fastest Q3 lap at Imola was pretty poor
- Landry: Taking a trip to CFL Town on Halloween
- Best of Halloween: Spooks and scares from across sports world
- WWE Applies To Trademark More NXT UK Stars Ring Names
- Bobby Lashley Responds To Sami Zayn Saying Intercontinental Title Is Better Than United States Championship