Fabrizio Romano has claimed on Twitter that Jens Petter Hauge wants to join AC Milan, meaning that Leeds United could miss out.
The well-known and well-respected football journalist has stated that Milan are confident of signing the 20-year-old winger from FK Bodo/Glimt.
Last week, Calciomercato reported that Leeds were leading the race for the Norwegian youngter, but it seems that he is heading to Italian giants Milan instead.
AC Milan and Jens-Petter Hauge agents have been in direct contact today. Milan are ‘confident’ to sign the Norvegian winger on a permanent deal from Bodø – he’d join immediatly and he’d not stay at Bodø until January.
Hauge is keen to join Milan.
Talks now at final stages. ?⚫️ https://t.co/VHS93K2N2q
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) September 28, 2020
Leeds United have other transfer targets
Head coach Marcelo Bielsa is reportedly looking for a new winger, and he has at least two players in mind other than Hauge.
The Sun has reported that Leeds want to sign 22-year-old Wales international winger on loan from Manchester United.
The same report has claimed that if the Whites are unable to sign James, then they will try for former Liverpool winger Ryan Kent, who is a key player at Rangers.
While Hauge would be a good signing for Leeds at the right price, he is only 20 years of age, while Kent and James are more established.
- Brewers’ Yelich lands on IL with lower back strain
- Braves’ Kazmar plays in first MLB game since ’08
- Acosta prevails over Foggia to win Portuguese Moto3 encounter at the death
- Formula 1 announces 10-year Miami Grand Prix deal
- 2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look
- Oilers’ growth an extension of McDavid, Draisaitl’s own on-ice transformation
- The Rock & His Wife Purchase New Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Sami Zayn Reveals New T-Shirt For Charity, ROH’s 500th Episode & More
- Twins-Angels games PPD due to COVID concerns
- DeGrom strikes out 9 in row, 14 in all, in win