Chelsea have won just two Premier League games in 2020-21 out of six matches, drawing three and losing once, and they will be keen to pick up their third league victory tomorrow when they visit Turf Moor to clash with Burnley.
The Blues secured a 4-0 win over FC Krasnodar in their second Champions League group game on Wednesday, and will fancy their chances of another victory against Sean Dyche’s men.
The Clarets came close to holding Tottenham Hotspur to a draw on Monday, but a 76th-minute header from Son Heung-Min helped the visitors pick up all three points.
Burnley are without a victory in five Premier League games, drawing once and losing the other four, and they will be keen to get something against Chelsea.
With a takeover on the horizon, Dyche and his players could be in the mood to put in their best efforts, and the Blues won’t have it easy should that happen.
Thiago Silva was rested for the trip to Russia and it remains to be seen whether the veteran Brazilian centre-back will be returned to the line-up for tomorrow’s trip’
Kepa Arrizabalaga is still recovering from a shoulder injury despite returning to training, while Billy Gilmour is still sidelined.
Chelsea have enough options, though, and won’t be missing the duo, so Lampard’s major headache for the game is who to make his starting line-up.
On the other hand, Dyche will be missing some of his key players and will hope the would-be owners make quality recruitment in the transfer window going forward.
Phil Bardsley needs to return a negative coronavirus test after missing the Spurs game due to self-isolation, while Erik Pieters remains a doubt with a calf problem.
Jack Cork and Ben Mee could also be unavailable for selection as they aren’t yet fully fit.
Predicted Chelsea XI
James, Rudiger, Zouma, Chilwell
Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic
Predicted Burnley XI
Lowton, Long, Tarkowski, Taylor
Gudmundsson, Westwood, Brownhill, McNeill
- Cincinnati vs Detroit Prediction, Game Preview
- NFL Game Previews, Schedule, Predictions, Lines, How To Watch: Week 6
- Bombers’ defence continues 4th-quarter dominance
- Toledo vs Central Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Kent State vs Western Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Bowling Green vs Northern Illinois Prediction, Game Preview
- Who’s going to the World Series? Our LCS predictions
- Troy vs Texas State Prediction, Game Preview
- The Ratings For Last Night’s Dark Side Of The Ring Are In
- Ball State vs Eastern Michigan Prediction, Game Preview