Tottenham Hotspur expect to complete a deal for Joe Rodon in the next few days, according to reports from The Athletic.
The Athletic journalist, Charlie Eccleshare, has suggested that there is an expectation that Spurs will complete the deal for Rodon before Friday’s deadline.
This has been a very productive summer transfer window for Tottenham, with the north London club bringing in as many as six new players.
However, Jose Mourinho is keen to sign a centre-back this summer and has earmarked the 22-year-old as a potential option.
Rodon reportedly wants to join Spurs as he wishes to play alongside Gareth Bale who joined this summer on loan from Real Madrid.
At the moment, the two clubs are a long way apart in their valuation, but Spurs are hopeful that a deal can be agreed.
Spurs need to pay more than £7m, while they need to structure the deal with add-ons included. Plus, a loan back for the season is also a possibility to reach a compromise.
- Lions vs. Colts: How to watch online, live stream info, game time, TV channel
- How to watch Bengals vs. Titans: Live stream, TV channel, start time for Sunday’s NFL game
- Suning’s SofM and SwordArt reach long-awaited League of Legends World Championship final
- DAMWON look to close out dominant League of Legends World Championship run
- Sun Belt Predictions, Schedule, Game Previews, Lines, TV: Week 9
- 10 Best College Football Predictions Against The Spread: Week 9 Big, Big Ten Assumptions
- Alonso set for two-day Renault test in Bahrain
- Alfa Romeo retains Raikkonen and Giovinazzi for 2021
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Aston Villa v Southampton
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Newcastle United v Everton