Tottenham Hotspur expect to complete a deal for Joe Rodon in the next few days, according to reports from The Athletic.
The Athletic journalist, Charlie Eccleshare, has suggested that there is an expectation that Spurs will complete the deal for Rodon before Friday’s deadline.
This has been a very productive summer transfer window for Tottenham, with the north London club bringing in as many as six new players.
However, Jose Mourinho is keen to sign a centre-back this summer and has earmarked the 22-year-old as a potential option.
Rodon reportedly wants to join Spurs as he wishes to play alongside Gareth Bale who joined this summer on loan from Real Madrid.
At the moment, the two clubs are a long way apart in their valuation, but Spurs are hopeful that a deal can be agreed.
Spurs need to pay more than £7m, while they need to structure the deal with add-ons included. Plus, a loan back for the season is also a possibility to reach a compromise.
- Davies, three others combine to no-hit Dodgers
- Kiermaier ends no-hit bid after BoSox pull Pivetta
- Arizona Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Canadiens fans erupt after Montreal clinches spot in Stanley Cup Final
- Impact Wrestling News – Tommy Dreamer’s New On-Screen Role, Purrazzo vs. Susan
- Violent By Design Retain Impact Tag Titles & More (Highlights)
- Canadiens advance to Stanley Cup Final after defeating Golden Knights in Game 6
- REDBLACKS release six players
- Berra given first-class honor with U.S. stamp
- Indy Lights veteran Norman to make IndyCar debut in Mid-Ohio