Rangers have been linked with a move for the former Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.
The 28-year-old is a free agent after he agreed to terminate his contract with West Ham earlier in the week. Apparently, he is in talks to join the Scottish club this summer.
Wilshere has had a poor spell at West Ham due to injuries and he hardly played for the Hammers over the last few months despite being fit. It was evident that the midfielder was no longer a part of Moyes’ first-team plans and he needs a fresh start.
A move to Rangers could be ideal for the midfielder. He would get to play regularly with them and the pressure wouldn’t be too high either. Wilshere is a top-class player when he is fit and on form. He has all the tools to succeed in Scottish football.
Rangers could use his craft and technical ability in the middle of the park and he would be a superb signing, especially on a free transfer.
It will be interesting to see if Gerrard can convince the midfielder to move to Ibrox in the coming days now.
Here is how the Rangers fans have reacted to the news.
Tell you what
Paul Gascoigne signed for Rangers at 28 or not far off and people said he was finished because of injuries
Knees were done and the move to Italy didn’t work out
Jack Wilshere at 28 could come to Rangers and have the same kind of rebirth as Gazza
— ?Arfield37? (@Arfieldloyal37) October 5, 2020
If he’d take a basic wage, enough to keep the wolves from the door, plus a decent appearance fee I’d sign him on those terms. Worth a punt.
— ??The Struth Is Out There?? (@iJuggernaut6) October 5, 2020
Would be a great signing and don’t belive money is any problem for him at the minute think the guy just wants to play football
— gary (@hormone1690) October 7, 2020
Jacks a cracking player but think our game might be a bit to physical for him
— Magz.WATP?? ? (@Odiepops) October 6, 2020
Get him up the road for #55
— |■|TOMMY|■| (@Tommy3blues86) October 6, 2020
Still remember him running the show at that Arsenal tournament we were in but appreciate that was a while & many injuries ago Pay as you play would be ideal
— Thom Beard *️⃣ (@Thom_Beard) October 5, 2020
- Braves look to boost bullpen, bring back Greene
- DeGrom exits with side tightness, to have MRI
- Matt Hardy Responds To A Troll Fan, Paris De Silva Knocked Out, More
- News On Asuka, Jerry Lawler, Xavier Woods, Batista’s Most Dominant Wins, More
- Brad Keselowski’s crew chief sidelined for Goodyear 400 at Darlington
- Coyotes, head coach Rick Tocchet mutually agree to part ways
- TSN’s Lalji weighs present, future picks in CFL Draft
- Hamilton ‘learned more about Verstappen than any other race’
- Blue Jackets, John Tortorella mutually agree to part ways
- Rangers activate Davis, who started season on IL