The match in London looked to be heading to a goalless draw, but then Joelinton turned on the style in the final stages.
The Brazilian forward set up Callum Wilson to give Newcastle the lead in the 88th minute by sliding an effort beneath Vicente Guaita.
Then just two minutes later, the 24-year-old was set up by Wilson, and he did not make any mistake in turning the ball past Guaita with a left-footed effort.
Newcastle winger Saint-Maximi has praised Joelinton on Twitter for his performance against Palace.
Well done brother ??
— Allan Saint-Maximin (@asaintmaximin) November 28, 2020
How did Joelinton play for Newcastle United?
Joelinton was arguably the best player at Selhurst Park. The Brazilian forward worked hard throughout his time on the pitch, and deservedly got his goal.
According to WhoScored, the striker took seven shots, played one key pass, had a pass accuracy of 64.7%, won six headers, took 65 touches, attempted two dribbles, made four tackles, two interceptions and one clearance, and put in one cross.
The 24-year-old has scored one goal and provided one assist in 490 minutes in the Premier League for the Magpies so far.
Joelinton has had a torrid time at Newcastle so far, with the striker scoring just twice in the Premier League last season. The 24-year-old has been lacking confidence, and perhaps his heroics on Friday evening will see him get better.
There is no doubt that the Brazilian is a very good forward, and maybe Newcastle fans will now see him take his game to another level and start banging in the goals for fun. It will reduce the team’s current over-reliance on Wilson and an in-form striker give them another attacking dimension on the pitch.
- Jury: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd murder
- Alonso ‘felt 300 per cent more confident’ through race
- Ole Miss Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Duke Blue Devils: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Navy Midshipmen: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Maple Leafs’ Nylander rises to Keefe’s challenge after missed meeting
- Canucks emerging from darkest weeks with brightest performances
- A Video Of Mick Foley’s Appearance On “Pawn Stars”, Big NJPW Stipulation
- WWE NXT News – Franky Monet Interrupts Io Shirai, Ted Dibiase Sr. Appears
- Freeman uninterested in ‘distraction’ of new deal