In a recent interview, 2020 NHL Draft top prospect Cole Perfetti sat down to discuss how he’s developed as a player as well as who he models his game after. The Saginaw Spirit center has focused on becoming more than a goalscorer, using the attention he draws from the defense to his advantage, much like Toronto Maple Leaf Mitch Marner. Check it out:
Perfetti is a consensus top-10 pick in the upcoming 2020 Draft. The Hockey Writers’ draft experts agree, with Josh Bell ranking him eighth and Larry Fisher having him at seventh. If it weren’t for the abundance of high-end talent available at the top of the draft, he would be a top-five pick. As a result, a team drafting in the bottom half of the top-10 will have an elite prospect on their hands.
Draft experts rave about his offensive instincts, skating ability, and shot, all skills that would have made him a first-round pick on their own. However, after focusing on becoming more of a playmaker ahead of the 2019-20 season, he saw his assist total double (37 in 2018-19, 74 in 2019-20) while continuing to be a goal-scoring threat (37 goals both seasons). The result: a center who’s as comfortable sniping goals as he is finding the open man.
More 2020 Draft Coverage
- The best men’s college basketball player for every jersey number this season
- Tony La Russa joins a long list of coaches who’ve done reunion tours
- Why the Tony La Russa hiring will or won’t work and what those across MLB are saying
- Damian Priest Reacts To Title Loss, Triple H Praises Halloween Havoc, More
- PHOTO: Braun Strowman Shows His Crazy Body Transformation
- Russell’s coach self-isolating after showing Covid-19 symptoms
- UCF vs Houston Prediction, Game Preview
- Temple vs Tulane Prediction, Game Preview
- Coyotes renounce rights to prospect Mitchell Miller
- NBA2K21 to include more WNBA-focused game modes