Sekera, 34, joined the Stars on a one-year, $1.5 million contract last season after being bought out by the Edmonton Oilers. He had eight points and a plus-nine rating in 57 games this season, and had one assist and 38 blocked shots in 27 playoff games.
We have re-signed Andrej Sekera to a two-year contract worth $3 million
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) October 4, 2020
“Andrej did an outstanding job coming in and immediately making a difference on our back end last season,” general manager Jim Nill said in a statement. “With his intelligence and experience, we look forward to Andrej continuing to play an impactful role in our defence corps.”
Sekera has appeared in 764 regular season games over 14 seasons with the Sabres, Hurricanes, Kings, Oilers and Stars.
October 4, 2020
SALARY CAP HIT
- Max Caster Disses Opponents in Revolution ‘Ladder Match’ Music Video
- Applying Pressure: Argos changing defensive identity with FA moves
- Quartararo and Yamaha top final day of first Qatar MotoGP test
- ‘Foolhardy’ to ignore Alpine, Ferrari threat – Aston Martin
- World Championship Match Announced For ROH 19th Anniversary Show
- Jets Mailbag: Should Winnipeg sell high on Paul Stastny?
- Which CFL records could live forever?
- Flames start hot, burn out vs. Oilers as new coach Sutter watches from afar
- Oilers fought, scored their way out of slump in comeback win vs. Flames
- Miller plays finest game to drive Canucks’ comeback win over Maple Leafs