Tampa’s captain suited up in Game 3, but was declared unfit to play for Friday’s Game 4 victory. Before Game 5, Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Stamkos will not play on Saturday. However, earlier Cooper did not rule him out for the remainder of the series, should Dallas stave off elimination Saturday.
Stamkos has missed the entirety of the Lightning’s post-season run due to an injury suffered before the club reconvened from the season’s pause to begin training. Managing only 2:47 minutes of ice-time during Game 3, Stamkos made an immediate impact upon returning to the lineup, scoring the second goal of the Bolts’ eventual 5-2 win just seven minutes into the tilt.
Stamkos posted 29 goals and 66 points through 57 regular-season games in 2019-20, dominating before being forced to the sidelines with a core muscle injury.
- Maryland vs Kent State Prediction, Game Preview
- Iowa vs Colorado State Prediction, Game Preview
- TCU vs SMU Prediction, Game Preview
- Northwestern vs Ohio Prediction, Game Preview
- D-backs extend Lovullo despite 104-loss season
- Cards win 12th in row, longest streak since ’82
- Facing an uncertain future, key to Gaudreau’s present may be Monahan reunion
- PHOTO: Karrion Kross & Scarlett Get Engaged
- WWE Removes All References To Joe Gacy’s New Character After Mainstream Media Press
- Oilers try to quell drama of Archibald’s vaccine hesitancy as camp continues