Tampa’s captain suited up in Game 3, but was declared unfit to play for Friday’s Game 4 victory. Before Game 5, Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Stamkos will not play on Saturday. However, earlier Cooper did not rule him out for the remainder of the series, should Dallas stave off elimination Saturday.
Stamkos has missed the entirety of the Lightning’s post-season run due to an injury suffered before the club reconvened from the season’s pause to begin training. Managing only 2:47 minutes of ice-time during Game 3, Stamkos made an immediate impact upon returning to the lineup, scoring the second goal of the Bolts’ eventual 5-2 win just seven minutes into the tilt.
Stamkos posted 29 goals and 66 points through 57 regular-season games in 2019-20, dominating before being forced to the sidelines with a core muscle injury.
- Max Caster Disses Opponents in Revolution ‘Ladder Match’ Music Video
- Applying Pressure: Argos changing defensive identity with FA moves
- Quartararo and Yamaha top final day of first Qatar MotoGP test
- ‘Foolhardy’ to ignore Alpine, Ferrari threat – Aston Martin
- World Championship Match Announced For ROH 19th Anniversary Show
- Jets Mailbag: Should Winnipeg sell high on Paul Stastny?
- Which CFL records could live forever?
- Flames start hot, burn out vs. Oilers as new coach Sutter watches from afar
- Oilers fought, scored their way out of slump in comeback win vs. Flames
- Miller plays finest game to drive Canucks’ comeback win over Maple Leafs