Tampa’s captain suited up in Game 3, but was declared unfit to play for Friday’s Game 4 victory. Before Game 5, Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Stamkos will not play on Saturday. However, earlier Cooper did not rule him out for the remainder of the series, should Dallas stave off elimination Saturday.
Stamkos has missed the entirety of the Lightning’s post-season run due to an injury suffered before the club reconvened from the season’s pause to begin training. Managing only 2:47 minutes of ice-time during Game 3, Stamkos made an immediate impact upon returning to the lineup, scoring the second goal of the Bolts’ eventual 5-2 win just seven minutes into the tilt.
Stamkos posted 29 goals and 66 points through 57 regular-season games in 2019-20, dominating before being forced to the sidelines with a core muscle injury.
- Best free throw shooters in men’s college basketball history
- Air Force vs San Jose State Prediction, Game Preview
- Boise State vs Utah State Prediction, Game Preview
- The five NFL teams that have seen their playoff chances drop most: Barnwell on what happened
- Flames’ focus on character and fit to build roster is evident
- Michael Jordan, Denny Hamlin’s new team has name, number
- Vettel wants to close Ferrari chapter ‘with dignity’
- Frank McAvennie suggests Danny Rose for West Ham United
- Backstage Notes On “Le Dinner Debonair” Segment With MJF & Chris Jericho
- Keith Lee Thought Masked Pat McAfee Was RETRIBUTION Member