Tampa’s captain suited up in Game 3, but was declared unfit to play for Friday’s Game 4 victory. Before Game 5, Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Stamkos will not play on Saturday. However, earlier Cooper did not rule him out for the remainder of the series, should Dallas stave off elimination Saturday.
Stamkos has missed the entirety of the Lightning’s post-season run due to an injury suffered before the club reconvened from the season’s pause to begin training. Managing only 2:47 minutes of ice-time during Game 3, Stamkos made an immediate impact upon returning to the lineup, scoring the second goal of the Bolts’ eventual 5-2 win just seven minutes into the tilt.
Stamkos posted 29 goals and 66 points through 57 regular-season games in 2019-20, dominating before being forced to the sidelines with a core muscle injury.
- Davies, three others combine to no-hit Dodgers
- Kiermaier ends no-hit bid after BoSox pull Pivetta
- Arizona Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Canadiens fans erupt after Montreal clinches spot in Stanley Cup Final
- Impact Wrestling News – Tommy Dreamer’s New On-Screen Role, Purrazzo vs. Susan
- Violent By Design Retain Impact Tag Titles & More (Highlights)
- Canadiens advance to Stanley Cup Final after defeating Golden Knights in Game 6
- REDBLACKS release six players
- Berra given first-class honor with U.S. stamp
- Indy Lights veteran Norman to make IndyCar debut in Mid-Ohio