Mete had filed for salary arbitration.
The 23-year-old left-shot defenceman was acquired by the Senators from the Canadiens on waivers in April.
“Victor was a really solid addition to our defence corps over the last month of the season last year,” said Senators general manager Pierre Dorion in a press release.
“He’s mobile, poised and defensively aware. We’re looking forward to seeing his progression in our lineup in 2021-22.”
In 28 games split between the two teams, Mete had one goal and five points. After moving from the contender Canadiens to the rebuilding Senators, he saw his ice time rise by nearly two minutes to 17:27 and projects to be an important piece on the team’s blue line next season.
- Virginia vs Miami Prediction, Game Preview
- Umpire explains wild play in 9th in Cards-Cubs
- Matthew Tkachuk hopes to return to top form for Flames
- Big E. Comments On Competition Forcing WWE To Step Up Their Game, More
- Jeff Jarrett Comments On TNA Wrestling Going Head-To-Head With WWE RAW, More
- Think, Know, Believe After Week 4: College Football Daily Cavalcade
- Start vs. Sit: Building around a solid running game
- Try These 7 Essential Tips To Run A Smarter Marathon
- Morgan Rielly condemns Denyskin’s racist taunt: ‘There has to be action’
- With AL Central crown in hand, the real challenge begins for Tony La Russa and the White Sox