The Ottawa Senators have signed forward Egor Sokolov to a three-year, entry-level contract, the team announced Friday.
The value of the deal has not been disclosed at this time.
Sokolov led the QMJHL’s Cape Breton Eagles in scoring with 46 goals and 92 points over 52 regular season games last season. In his major junior career, the 20-year-old has registered 97 goals, 191 points and 105 penalty minutes.
The Russian forward also tallied three goals and four points during the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship to help Russia earn a silver medal.
Sokolov was selected by the Senators in the second round of the 2020 NHL Draft, 61st overall. He will be eligible to play with either the Eagles, the AHL’s Belleville Senators or Ottawa next season.
Extremely honoured to have signed my first nhl contact with @Senators thank you @CBEHockey for past 3 yearsalso thank you to my family,billet family, friends and coaches, who helped me to reach my goals excited to see what’s next pic.twitter.com/DC3j5X5og9
— Egor Sokolov (@sokol2926) November 20, 2020
- Braves look to boost bullpen, bring back Greene
- DeGrom exits with side tightness, to have MRI
- Matt Hardy Responds To A Troll Fan, Paris De Silva Knocked Out, More
- News On Asuka, Jerry Lawler, Xavier Woods, Batista’s Most Dominant Wins, More
- Brad Keselowski’s crew chief sidelined for Goodyear 400 at Darlington
- Coyotes, head coach Rick Tocchet mutually agree to part ways
- TSN’s Lalji weighs present, future picks in CFL Draft
- Hamilton ‘learned more about Verstappen than any other race’
- Blue Jackets, John Tortorella mutually agree to part ways
- Rangers activate Davis, who started season on IL