The Ottawa Senators have signed forward Egor Sokolov to a three-year, entry-level contract, the team announced Friday.
The value of the deal has not been disclosed at this time.
Sokolov led the QMJHL’s Cape Breton Eagles in scoring with 46 goals and 92 points over 52 regular season games last season. In his major junior career, the 20-year-old has registered 97 goals, 191 points and 105 penalty minutes.
The Russian forward also tallied three goals and four points during the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship to help Russia earn a silver medal.
Sokolov was selected by the Senators in the second round of the 2020 NHL Draft, 61st overall. He will be eligible to play with either the Eagles, the AHL’s Belleville Senators or Ottawa next season.
Extremely honoured to have signed my first nhl contact with @Senators thank you @CBEHockey for past 3 yearsalso thank you to my family,billet family, friends and coaches, who helped me to reach my goals excited to see what’s next pic.twitter.com/DC3j5X5og9
— Egor Sokolov (@sokol2926) November 20, 2020
- Live: Watch Aston Martin unveil its 2021 F1 car
- Technical Insight: A complete analysis of the launch-spec Mercedes W12
- The Rock Calls Vince McMahon A Father Figure, Praises Randy Savage
- Ducharme’s fingerprints all over Canadiens’ skid-snapping win vs. Senators
- The Wrestling World Reacts To Bobby Lashley’s WWE Championship Victory
- Report – WWE NXT Moving To Tuesday Nights On 4/13
- Rapper Bow Wow & T-BAR Continue Their Twitter Feud, Big E. & Liv Morgan React
- 31 Thoughts: Why NHL is exploring the NBA Top Shot trend
- How salary-cap unicorns Thornton, Spezza have revitalized Leafs’ depth
- Cauz: Discovering football gems while re-watching the 1954 Grey Cup