Ron Hextall is currently negotiating with the Pittsburgh Penguins about taking over their open general manager position, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reports.
The Penguins are currently without a GM after Jim Rutherford, who had held the position since 2014, stepped away from the organization in late January for personal reasons.
Hextall has served in NHL front offices dating back to 1999, when he began working for the Philadelphia Flyers as a scout. He’d eventually serve as GM for the team, after a stint with the Los Angeles Kings organization.
More to come.
- Chris Jericho Injured During Blood & Guts Match, Status For AEW’s Double or Nothing
- The Updated Card For Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege PPV Event
- Pac-12 Expansion: What Schools Should The Conference Target?
- Landry: Anti-rouge? Maybe you’ve missed the point
- Brawn expects field to spread under new 2022 regulations
- Argos land three 2021 picks, one from 2020 class
- Kentucky Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match
- Steve Austin Gives His Thoughts On Triple H