The 29-year-old is coming off a one-year stint in Toronto that saw him post 39 points through 70 games as a Maple Leaf, averaging 21:53 minutes of ice per night.
That campaign came after an eight-year run in Colorado in which Barrie topped the 50-point plateau on three occasions and amassed 307 points in all. He was traded to Toronto in July 2019 as part of the six-piece deal that sent forward Nazem Kadri to the Avalanche.
Overall, the Victoria, B.C., native has averaged more than 21 minutes per night for each of the past six seasons, and has racked up the ninth-most power-play points of any defender in the NHL over that span.
That figures to be a key aspect of the role he’ll fill in Edmonton, as the Oilers find themselves in need of a new power-play quarterback with usual man-advantage facilitator Oscar Klefbom likely out for the year with a shoulder injury.
- Chicago Bears vs New Orleans Saints Prediction, Game Preview
- Los Angeles Chargers vs Denver Broncos Prediction, Game Preview
- Aalyah Mysterio Professes Her Love For Murphy, Corey Graves Interviews Lars Sullivan
- Guitar On A Pole Match + More Matches Confirmed For Monday’s RAW
- Indianapolis Colts vs Detroit Lions Prediction, Game Preview
- Cleveland Browns vs Las Vegas Raiders Prediction, Game Preview
- Eagles vs. Cowboys: How to watch, schedule, live stream info, game time, TV channel
- Indians lop off $30M, pass on Hand, Santanas
- Cubs decline option, but Lester hopes to return
- Sources: Rogue to sign Odoamne, promote Trymbi