According to the team, McDavid has been in voluntary self-quarantine at his home since learning of his positive test result, and is currently “feeling well and is experiencing mild symptoms.”
McDavid and his Oilers left the NHL’s secure zone in early August, when the club fell to the Chicago Blackhawks in the qualifying round of the 2020 post-season.
The league saw zero positive tests for players inside their Toronto and Edmonton bubbles during its playoff tournament, but did see players test positive prior to that phase of their return-to-play plan.
Five days after the NHL paused its 2019-20 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ottawa Senators announced that the league had its first player test positive. Six members of the organization in total would eventually test positive, as well as two members of the Colorado Avalanche organization.
Per the league, 30 players tested positive during Phase 2 of the return-to-play plan — which consisted of optional training sessions at team facilities — while the league was at the time aware of 13 others who’d tested positive outside the Phase 2 protocol.
Two more players tested positive during the first week of Phase 3 training camps.
Following the arrival of post-season participants and their travelling parties into the NHL bubbles in late July, the league reported zero positive tests for the duration of the post-season.
- 2022 Cleeve Hurdle Tips, Predictions & Preview – No Opposing Champ at Cheltenham
- W Series to kick off eight-round 2022 season in Miami
- Ecuador vs Brazil prediction: World Cup qualifier betting tips, odds and free bet
- Jeddah to make minor tweaks for driver visibility
- Ichiro unanimous? A wait for Chase Utley? Predicting the next three Hall of Fame classes
- College Football Bowl Ties, Affiliations For Each Conference 2022-2023
- Johnny Gargano Reacts To His Name Being Chanted On AEW Dynamite
- AEW Dynamite News – Britt Baker Trashes Cleveland, Kris Statlander/Leyla Hirsch
- With a mix of old, new and borrowed tricks, the Flames make franchise history
- Winners, losers and fallout from the 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame election