The Toronto Maple Leafs have inked defender Travis Dermott to a one-year extension, the club announced Friday.
— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) October 23, 2020
Dermott’s new deal will pay him $874,125 next season, a slight uptick from his $863,333 cap hit in 2019-20.
The 23-year-old has spent four seasons with the Maple Leafs organization since being drafted 34th overall in the 2015 NHL Draft. After a season and a half with the AHL’s Toronto Marlies, Dermott’s spent parts of the past three campaigns with Toronto at the NHL level.
He posted 11 points through 56 games for the blue and white last season, averaging a career-high 17:19 minutes of ice per night — sixth-most among Maple Leafs defencemen.
- Predicting 40 active future Hall of Famers and their best Cooperstown comparisons
- Wolff ‘fine’ after revealing he tested positive for COVID-19
- Wolff: Curveballs behind Hamilton’s delayed contract
- Conference USA Football Rankings: CFN 2021 Pre-Spring
- Texas Tech vs West Virginia Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Syracuse vs Virginia Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- The Undertaker Comments On WWE’s Drug Testing Policy, & More
- Heath Slater Comments On His “I Got Kids!” Segment With Brock Lesnar, More
- Super Bowl First Thought Prediction, Line: Kansas City vs Tampa Bay
- Maple Leafs attempting to out-sprint competition with condensed schedule