The 2020 NHL Playoffs will be one that Tampa Bay Lightning fans remember forever. Between the Lightning capturing their second Stanley Cup in franchise history, to the unbelievable scenario that was the bubble, everything about this playoff run deserves to be etched into the annals of history.
One of the best moments of the postseason, however, happened before the first official game took place in Toronto. In a unique showing of support, fans across Tampa Bay gathered at Amalie Arena to leave messages on a pane of glass that was shipped to the bubble and was installed at Scotiabank Arena before the Lightning faced off against the Florida Panthers in an exhibition game.
In this exclusive clip from Cinedigm’s Tampa Bay Lightning® 2020 Stanley Cup® Champions film, we can see the Lightning returning to the ice in preparation for a truly magical playoff run, as well as fans signing the glass that would be installed in Toronto.
After the game, Tampa Bay paid it forward, signing a pane of glass that was sent back to AdventHealth Tampa that was installed in a wall designed to protect healthcare workers. As said by Lightning general manager Julien BriseBois:
I’m proud that a piece of equipment that is usually used to protect us and our fans at Amalie is going to be used to protect the frontline workers at the hospital… They’ve done so much in the last few months trying to heal and protect our community and there’s still so much work that’s left for them to do, so I’m glad a little piece of what we do here at Amalie is going to be used to protect them.
If this clip has piqued your interest, the complete Tampa Bay Lightning® 2020 Stanley Cup® Champions film will be released on December 15 and will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo, DVD, and Digital.
Physical versions of the film will be available throughout the Tampa Bay market where films are sold, on NHLShop.com and on Amazon. The digital version will be available on Apple, Prime Video, VUDU and Google Play, among others.
- Big Ten Expansion. What Does The Conference Do Now?: Daily Cavalcade
- White Sox activate DH Jimenez off IL Monday
- Padres get Frazier from Pirates for three players
- AEW Donates $100,000 To Support Charlotte’s “Safe Alliance’
- Tony Khan & Other AEW EVPs Flew To Chicago To Film Footage This Past Sunday
- Nye: Inside the Riders’ Green and White game
- Four undervalued UFAs who could be bargains when free agency opens
- Lions release 18, including QB Will Arndt
- WEC unveils more details on Bahrain double header
- Maple Leafs 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues