Ceci spent the 2019-20 season with the Toronto Maple Leafs, scoring one goal and adding seven assists in 57 games.
“Cody is a two-way defenceman who plays with size and a speed game that fits our system well,” said Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford in a release. “He brings both regular season and playoff experience, and can be utilized on the penalty kill.”
The 26-year-old played his first six NHL seasons with the Ottawa Senators. Over his career, the Ottawa native has scored 33 goals and registered 93 assists with a minus-53 rating in 496 games.
Ceci was originally selected by the Senators in the first round (15th overall) of the 2012 draft.
Pittsburgh finished third in the Metropolitan Division last year and was eliminated by the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference Stanley Cup Qualifiers.
- NFL Predictions, Schedule, Game Previews, Lines, TV: Week 8
- Carolina Panthers vs Atlanta Falcons Prediction, Game Preview
- Big 12 Predictions, Schedule, Game Previews, Lines, TV: Week 9
- Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Prediction, Game Preview
- Way-too-early 2021 MLB Power Rankings: What’s next for Dodgers, Rays and all 30 teams
- MLB: Turner disregarded coronavirus protocols
- Kyle Busch scores first win of 2020 at Texas Motor Speedway
- Kansas vs Iowa State Prediction, Game Preview
- Kansas State vs West Virginia Prediction, Game Preview
- The Wrestling World Reacts To Tracy Smothers Passing Away