The deal guarantees Allen, who has one more year on his current contract, will remain Carey Price’s backup beyond the 2020-21 season.
The Canadiens acquired Allen from the St. Louis Blues for a third-round pick in September. The teams also swapped seventh-round picks in the deal. He will earn $4 million in salary this season.
The 30-year-old has a 148-94-26 career record over seven seasons, all with the Blues.
- Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Rams Prediction, Game Preview
- College Football Roundup Week 8: 5 Things That Matter, Winners, Losers, Overrated, Underrated
- Dodgers snap back vs. Rays, now a win away from winning World Series
- College Football Playoff Chase: Who’s Still Alive After Week 8
- Highlights From WWE Championship Match (Randy Orton Vs. Drew McIntyre)
- WWE Hell In A Cell Results: Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton
- Mist, fog halts Texas Motor Speedway race until Monday
- Sabres agree to one-year deal with Linus Ullmark, avoiding arbitration
- Sources: Team Liquid close to multi-year deal with Alphari
- Martin Truex Jr. penalized before race starts at Texas