The deal guarantees Allen, who has one more year on his current contract, will remain Carey Price’s backup beyond the 2020-21 season.
The Canadiens acquired Allen from the St. Louis Blues for a third-round pick in September. The teams also swapped seventh-round picks in the deal. He will earn $4 million in salary this season.
The 30-year-old has a 148-94-26 career record over seven seasons, all with the Blues.
- The Wrestling World Reacts To Bobby Lashley’s WWE Championship Victory
- Rapper Bow Wow & T-BAR Continue Their Twitter Feud, Big E. & Liv Morgan React
- 31 Thoughts: Why NHL is exploring the NBA Top Shot trend
- How salary-cap unicorns Thornton, Spezza have revitalized Leafs’ depth
- Cauz: Discovering football gems while re-watching the 1954 Grey Cup
- ‘The Real Deal’ Chris Cormier Tells All On ‘Monday Night Muscle’
- Alpine A521 to debut at Silverstone filming day
- Mercedes won’t yet ‘flirt’ with other drivers for 2022
- Williams to launch 2021 F1 car using augmented reality
- Alonso: I’m a more complete driver since 2018 F1 exit