Detroit @ Atlanta
Current Records: Detroit 2-3; Atlanta 1-5
What to Know
The Atlanta Falcons will be playing at home against the Detroit Lions at 1 p.m. ET Sunday. These two teams might be coming in a bit winded after having run the length of the field multiple times in their most recent games.
Atlanta strolled past the Minnesota Vikings with points to spare last week, taking the game 40-23. Atlanta QB Matt Ryan was slinging it as he passed for four TDs and 371 yards on 40 attempts.
Special teams collected 16 points for the Falcons. K Younghoe Koo delivered a perfect 4-for-4 game.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the contest between Detroit and the Jacksonville Jaguars last week was still a pretty decisive one as Detroit wrapped it up with a 34-16 victory on the road. Among those leading the charge for Detroit was RB D’Andre Swift, who rushed for two TDs and 116 yards on 14 carries. That nimble footwork stands out as the first time Swift has hit the 100-yard rushing mark this season. Swift’s sharp performance also set his single-game rushing touchdown high for the season.
This next matchup is expected to be close, with Atlanta going off at just a 1-point favorite. Those who got lucky with them against the spread last week might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
The wins brought the Falcons up to 1-5 and the Lions to 2-3. A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Atlanta is worst in the NFL in touchdowns allowed, with 18 on the season. Detroit has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the game with the third most rushing yards allowed per game in the league, having given up 170.3 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $52.19
The Falcons are a slight 1-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest NFL odds.
Bettors have moved against the Falcons slightly, as the game opened with the Falcons as a 3-point favorite.
Atlanta won the only game these two teams have played in the last six years.
- Sep 24, 2017 – Atlanta 30 vs. Detroit 26
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Julio Jones: 12.81 points
- Calvin Ridley: 12.62 points
- D’Andre Swift: 12.61 points
- Goldberg Set To Appear On “After The Bell”, Women’s Royal Rumble Roundtable
- Sources: Jays nearing trade for Mets LHP Matz
- Cody Rhodes Responds To Shaquille O’Neal, AEW Revolution – Full Details
- 2021 Kentucky Football Schedule: Analysis, Best and Worst Case Scenarios
- 2021 Missouri Football Schedule: Analysis, Best and Worst Case Scenarios
- Campos Racing boss, Adrian Campos, dies aged 60
- Aaron procession drives through site of 715th HR
- 2021 Texas A&M Football Schedule: Analysis, Best and Worst Case Scenarios
- 2021 Mississippi State Football Schedule: Analysis, Best and Worst Case Scenarios
- FA Most Wanted: Burnham set to continue elite production