Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Current Records: Atlanta 4-11; Tampa Bay 10-5
What to Know
The Atlanta Falcons and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will face off in an NFC South clash at 1 p.m. ET Jan. 3 at Raymond James Stadium. Tampa Bay will be strutting in after a victory while the Falcons will be stumbling in from a defeat.
It was all tied up 7-7 at halftime, but Atlanta was not quite the Kansas City Chiefs’ equal in the second half when they met last week. It was a hard-fought game, but Atlanta had to settle for a 17-14 loss against Kansas City. The defeat was just more heartbreak for Atlanta, who fell 29-28 when the teams previously met in December of 2016. A silver lining for them was the play of QB Matt Ryan, who passed for two TDs and 300 yards on 35 attempts. Ryan ended up with a passer rating of 168.
Meanwhile, the Buccaneers turned the game against the Detroit Lions into a track meet and took the gold after outgaining them 588 yards to 186. Tampa Bay claimed a resounding 47-7 win over Detroit on the road. The matchup was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 34 to nothing. Tampa Bay can attribute much of their success to QB Tom Brady, who passed for four TDs and 348 yards on 27 attempts, and WR Mike Evans, who caught ten passes for two TDs and 181 yards.
Atlanta is now 4-11 while Tampa Bay sits at 10-5. The Falcons have been eliminated from playoff contention. The Buccaneers have clinched a playoff berth as the current fifth seed in the NFC.
Atlanta is expected to lose this next one by 7. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 5-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
A couple defensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Atlanta is second worst in the league in passing yards allowed per game, with 301.3 on average. To make matters even worse for the Falcons, Tampa Bay ranks first in the NFL when it comes to rushing touchdowns allowed, with only nine on the season. So the cards are definitely stacked in the Buccaneers’ favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Raymond James Stadium — Tampa, Florida
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $54.70
The Buccaneers are a solid 7-point favorite against the Falcons, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Buccaneers as a 6-point favorite.
Atlanta have won six out of their last 11 games against Tampa Bay.
- Dec 20, 2020 – Tampa Bay 31 vs. Atlanta 27
- Dec 29, 2019 – Atlanta 28 vs. Tampa Bay 22
- Nov 24, 2019 – Tampa Bay 35 vs. Atlanta 22
- Dec 30, 2018 – Atlanta 34 vs. Tampa Bay 32
- Oct 14, 2018 – Atlanta 34 vs. Tampa Bay 29
- Dec 18, 2017 – Atlanta 24 vs. Tampa Bay 21
- Nov 26, 2017 – Atlanta 34 vs. Tampa Bay 20
- Nov 03, 2016 – Atlanta 43 vs. Tampa Bay 28
- Sep 11, 2016 – Tampa Bay 31 vs. Atlanta 24
- Dec 06, 2015 – Tampa Bay 23 vs. Atlanta 19
- Nov 01, 2015 – Tampa Bay 23 vs. Atlanta 20
- Both Teams To Score Tips For Accumulators: Best BTTS Tips Today Thursday 26th May 2022
- Horse Racing Each-way Tip Of The Day | Sandown Tip On Thurs 26th May
- Yanks put slugger Stanton on IL with sore ankle
- Minimum salary, maximum impact: Bozak’s OT goal keeps Blues alive vs. Avs
- WWE RAW Commentator Jimmy Smith Comes To The Defense Of Corey Graves
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Due To Injury, CM Punk/Hangman Page
- Indiana Hoosiers Preview 2022: Season Prediction, Breakdown, Key Games, Players
- Indiana Hoosiers Top 10 Players: College Football Preview 2022
- Rays’ Raley feeling for hometown after shooting
- No matter what the Flames face, Chris Sutter will do his part to help his father