Minnesota @ Green Bay
Current Records: Minnesota 1-5; Green Bay 5-1
What to Know
The Minnesota Vikings have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Green Bay Packers and are hoping to record their first win since Nov. 25 of 2018. The Vikings’ bye week comes to an end as they meet up with Green Bay at 1 p.m. ET at Lambeau Field on Sunday. Minnesota is hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 32 points per contest.
The matchup between Minnesota and the Atlanta Falcons two weeks ago was not a total blowout, but with Minnesota falling 40-23 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Minnesota was down 30-7 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. One thing working slightly against Minnesota was the run-of-the-mill game of their most targeted running back, RB Alexander Mattison, who rushed for 26 yards on ten carries.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the game between the Packers and the Houston Texans this past Sunday was still a pretty decisive one as Green Bay wrapped it up with a 35-20 victory on the road. Among those leading the charge for Green Bay was WR Davante Adams, who caught 13 passes for two TDs and 196 yards.
Minnesota is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Those burned by picking them against the spread two weeks ago might want to keep in mind that the squad has never dropped back-to-back games against the spread this season.
Green Bay’s win lifted them to 5-1 while Minnesota’s defeat dropped them down to 1-5. Green Bay has been dynamite on the offensive side of the ball, averaging 32.83 points per game. We’ll see if the Vikings can find some way to disarm them.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Lambeau Field — Green Bay, Wisconsin
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Packers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Vikings, according to the latest NFL odds.
Green Bay and Minnesota both have five wins in their last 11 games.
- Sep 13, 2020 – Green Bay 43 vs. Minnesota 34
- Dec 23, 2019 – Green Bay 23 vs. Minnesota 10
- Sep 15, 2019 – Green Bay 21 vs. Minnesota 16
- Nov 25, 2018 – Minnesota 24 vs. Green Bay 17
- Sep 16, 2018 – Minnesota 29 vs. Green Bay 29
- Dec 23, 2017 – Minnesota 16 vs. Green Bay 0
- Oct 15, 2017 – Minnesota 23 vs. Green Bay 10
- Dec 24, 2016 – Green Bay 38 vs. Minnesota 25
- Sep 18, 2016 – Minnesota 17 vs. Green Bay 14
- Jan 03, 2016 – Minnesota 20 vs. Green Bay 13
- Nov 22, 2015 – Green Bay 30 vs. Minnesota 13
- Braves look to boost bullpen, bring back Greene
- DeGrom exits with side tightness, to have MRI
- Matt Hardy Responds To A Troll Fan, Paris De Silva Knocked Out, More
- News On Asuka, Jerry Lawler, Xavier Woods, Batista’s Most Dominant Wins, More
- Brad Keselowski’s crew chief sidelined for Goodyear 400 at Darlington
- Coyotes, head coach Rick Tocchet mutually agree to part ways
- TSN’s Lalji weighs present, future picks in CFL Draft
- Hamilton ‘learned more about Verstappen than any other race’
- Blue Jackets, John Tortorella mutually agree to part ways
- Rangers activate Davis, who started season on IL