Green Bay @ Detroit
Current Records: Green Bay 9-3; Detroit 5-7
What to Know
The Detroit Lions haven’t won a game against the Green Bay Packers since Dec. 30 of 2018, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Sunday. Detroit and Green Bay will face off in an NFC North battle at 4:25 p.m. ET at Ford Field. These two teams might be coming in a bit winded after having run the length of the field multiple times in their most recent games.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, the Lions beat the Chicago Bears 34-30 last week. Detroit QB Matthew Stafford was slinging it as he passed for three TDs and 402 yards on 42 attempts. Stafford ended up with a passer rating of 163.50.
Meanwhile, the Packers were able to grind out a solid victory over the Philadelphia Eagles last week, winning 30-16. It was another big night for Green Bay’s RB Aaron Jones, who rushed for one TD and 130 yards on 15 carries. That touchdown — a 77-yard rush in the fourth quarter — was one of the highlights of the contest.
Green Bay’s defense was a presence as well, as it embarrassed Philadelphia’s offensive line to sack the quarterback seven times for a total loss of 27 yards. It was a group effort with six guys contributing.
The Lions are expected to lose this next one by 8. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn’t have high expectations for them since the team is 2-5 ATS when expected to lose.
Detroit is now 5-7 while the Packers sit at 9-3. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Detroit is stumbling into the matchup with the second most touchdowns allowed in the league, having given up 43 on the season. To make matters even worse for the Lions, Green Bay comes into the matchup boasting the most overall offensive touchdowns in the NFL at 46.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Ford Field — Detroit, Michigan
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $100.95
The Packers are a big 8-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Packers as an 8.5-point favorite.
Green Bay have won six out of their last 11 games against Detroit.
- Sep 20, 2020 – Green Bay 42 vs. Detroit 21
- Dec 29, 2019 – Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 20
- Oct 14, 2019 – Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 22
- Dec 30, 2018 – Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 0
- Oct 07, 2018 – Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 23
- Dec 31, 2017 – Detroit 35 vs. Green Bay 11
- Nov 06, 2017 – Detroit 30 vs. Green Bay 17
- Jan 01, 2017 – Green Bay 31 vs. Detroit 24
- Sep 25, 2016 – Green Bay 34 vs. Detroit 27
- Dec 03, 2015 – Green Bay 27 vs. Detroit 23
- Nov 15, 2015 – Detroit 18 vs. Green Bay 16
- Verstappen leads Mercedes pair in Hungarian GP FP1
- Netflix to release new Schumacher documentary this year
- Bryce Young’s Name, Image, Likeness Deals Aren’t Enough: Daily Cavalcade
- Trade deadline tracker: Which big bats the Mets are eyeing now, plus our latest buzz
- Yankees acquire All-Star slugger Rizzo from Cubs
- Red Sox get All-Star Schwarber from Nationals
- Sources: Dodgers finalizing Scherzer, Turner deal
- Frankie Kazarian Returns To Impact Wrestling, 6-Man Tag Match Set For Next Week’s Impact
- Seth Rollins Says He Misses Brock Lesnar
- Blue Jackets sign defender Zach Werenski to six-year, $57.5M extension