Through 3 Quarters
A great path to victory is to simply outgain your opponent on the field, and that’s working so far for the Washington Football Team (with 349 yards vs. 134 yards). After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Dallas Cowboys as Washington lead 22-3.
Washington has been riding high on the performance of RB Antonio Gibson, who has rushed for one TD and 113 yards on 15 carries. This nimble footwork stands out as the first time Gibson has hit the 100-yard rushing mark this season.
WR Amari Cooper has led the way so far for Dallas, as he has caught six passes for 73 yards.
Washington’s lead doesn’t mean much since they have only won 0% games in which they are up at the end of the third quarter. We’ll see how things play out.
Dallas @ Washington
Current Records: Dallas 2-4; Washington 1-5
What to Know
The Washington Football Team are 1-7 against the Dallas Cowboys since September of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Sunday. Washington and Dallas will face off in an NFC East battle at 1 p.m. ET at FedEx Field. Washington staggers in eager to bring about an end to their five-game losing streak.
It could have gone either way late during winning time for Washington or the New York Giants last week, but it was New York snatching the 20-19 victory. No one had a standout game offensively for Washington, but they got scores from WR Cam Sims and TE Logan Thomas. QB Kyle Allen ended up with a passer rating of 140.80.
Meanwhile, the Cowboys found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 38-10 punch to the gut against the Arizona Cardinals last Monday. Dallas was down 28-3 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. QB Andy Dalton had a pretty forgettable game, throwing two interceptions with only 4.93 yards per passing attempt.
This next game is expected to be close, with Washington going off at just a 1-point favorite. Those who got lucky with them against the spread last week might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the squad has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
The losses put Washington at 1-5 and Dallas at 2-4. A pair of offensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Washington is stumbling into the contest with the third fewest yards per game in the league, having accrued only 301.8 on average. To make matters even worse for Washington, the Cowboys come into the matchup boasting the most yards per game per game in the NFL at 509.5.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: FedEx Field — Landover, Maryland
- TV: FOX
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $154.43
The Football Team are a slight 1-point favorite against the Cowboys, according to the latest NFL odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Cowboys as a 3-point favorite.
Dallas have won eight out of their last ten games against Washington.
- Dec 29, 2019 – Dallas 47 vs. Washington 16
- Sep 15, 2019 – Dallas 31 vs. Washington 21
- Nov 22, 2018 – Dallas 31 vs. Washington 23
- Oct 21, 2018 – Washington 20 vs. Dallas 17
- Nov 30, 2017 – Dallas 38 vs. Washington 14
- Oct 29, 2017 – Dallas 33 vs. Washington 19
- Nov 24, 2016 – Dallas 31 vs. Washington 26
- Sep 18, 2016 – Dallas 27 vs. Washington 23
- Jan 03, 2016 – Washington 34 vs. Dallas 23
- Dec 07, 2015 – Dallas 19 vs. Washington 16
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Ezekiel Elliott: 13.4 points
- Amari Cooper: 8.21 points
- CeeDee Lamb: 7.61 points
- College Football Odds: Opening Early Lines, Values Week 14
- Bowl Projections, College Football Playoff Predictions: Week 13
- Derek Mason Fired, Terrace Marshall Opts Out: College Football News Updates
- AP Top 25 College Football Poll, Rankings: Week 13
- Texas Coach Options If Tom Herman Fired, D’Wan Mathis Leaves Georgia: USA TODAY College Wire Features
- Sharks’ Kane calls out Jake Paul, challenges him to boxing match
- ‘No doubt’ halo saved Grosjean’s life – Brawn
- Vettel: ‘Barrier not supposed to fail like that’
- Watch Steelers vs. Ravens: How to live stream, TV channel, start time for Tuesday’s NFL game
- Falcons vs. Raiders: How to watch, schedule, live stream info, game time, TV channel