Through 3 Quarters
The Green Bay Packers and the Jacksonville Jaguars are deadlocked at 17-17 after three quarters, promising an exciting conclusion. Green Bay has been riding high on the performance of WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, who has caught three passes for one TD and 131 yards.
The Packers have been led by Valdes-Scantling, who so far has caught three passes for one TD and 131 yards. This receiving effort made it the first game that Valdes-Scantling has posted more than 100 yards receiving.
Green Bay has yet to string together two consecutive wins, but this may be their chance. We’ll see if they can pull it off.
Jacksonville @ Green Bay
Current Records: Jacksonville 1-7; Green Bay 6-2
What to Know
This Sunday, the Jacksonville Jaguars are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 30.88 points per game. They will take on the Green Bay Packers at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Lambeau Field. The Jaguars stagger in eager to bring about an end to their seven-game losing streak.
Jacksonville was close but no cigar last week as they fell 27-25 to the Houston Texans. The losing side was boosted by WR D.J. Chark, who caught seven passes for one TD and 146 yards. That receiving effort made it the first game that Chark has posted more than 100 yards receiving.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the matchup between Green Bay and the San Francisco 49ers last Thursday was still a pretty decisive one as the Packers wrapped it up with a 34-17 victory on the road. QB Aaron Rodgers continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, passing for four TDs and 305 yards on 31 attempts. Near the top of the highlight reel was Rodgers’ 52-yard TD bomb to WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling in the second quarter.
The Jaguars have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 13.50 point spread they are up against. Those who got lucky with them against the spread last week might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Green Bay’s win lifted them to 6-2 while Jacksonville’s defeat dropped them down to 1-7. The Packers have been dynamite on the offensive side of the ball, averaging 31.63 points per game. We’ll see if Jacksonville can find some way to disarm them.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Lambeau Field — Green Bay, Wisconsin
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $250.00
The Packers are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Jaguars, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 13.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Green Bay won the only game these two teams have played in the last six years.
- Sep 11, 2016 – Green Bay 27 vs. Jacksonville 23
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Davante Adams: 17.43 points
- Aaron Jones: 16.41 points
- Aaron Rodgers: 26.68 points
- MLB vaccines slow; no additional teams hit 85%
- Angels’ Ohtani first player to commit to HR Derby
- Further testing confirms positive COVID-19 result for Canadiens’ Ducharme
- Backstage Updates On Ticket Sales For WWE’s Return To Live Touring
- Backstage Updates On Ticket Sales For AEW’s Return To Live Touring
- College Football Playoff Expansion Proposal: Who Wins? What’s Next In The Process?
- Riders sign Global P Ben Scruton, release two others
- 2022 Dakar Rally to be opening round of new FIA World Championship
- Super Mario: Alford leading the way on Als special teams
- Ross Chastain’s crew chief fined