Jacksonville @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Jacksonville 1-5; Los Angeles 1-4
What to Know
This Sunday, the Jacksonville Jaguars are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 30.17 points per game. They will take on the Los Angeles Chargers on the road at 4:25 p.m. ET Sunday at SoFi Stadium. Both teams have had a rocky road up to this point with five consecutive losses for the Jaguars and four for Los Angeles.
The contest between Jacksonville and the Detroit Lions last week was not a total blowout, but with Jacksonville falling 34-16 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. No one had a standout game offensively for Jacksonville, but QB Gardner Minshew led the way with two touchdowns.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles fought the good fight in their overtime matchup against the New Orleans Saints two weeks ago but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 30-27. The defeat was just more heartbreak for the Chargers, who fell 35-34 when the teams previously met in October of 2016. Los Angeles’ loss came about despite a quality game from QB Justin Herbert, who passed for four TDs and 264 yards on 34 attempts. Herbert’s 64-yard touchdown toss down the right side of the field to WR Mike Williams in the fourth quarter made for one of the most memorable moments of the night.
The Jaguars are expected to lose this next one by 8. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
Jacksonville took a serious blow against the Chargers when the two teams previously met in December of last year, falling 45-10. Can Jacksonville avenge their loss, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We’ll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium — Inglewood, California
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Chargers are a big 8-point favorite against the Jaguars, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8-point spread, and stayed right there.
Los Angeles have won three out of their last four games against Jacksonville.
- Dec 08, 2019 – Los Angeles 45 vs. Jacksonville 10
- Nov 12, 2017 – Jacksonville 20 vs. Los Angeles 17
- Sep 18, 2016 – Los Angeles 38 vs. Jacksonville 14
- Nov 29, 2015 – Los Angeles 31 vs. Jacksonville 25
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Justin Herbert: 27.27 points
- Mike Williams: 11.22 points
- James Robinson: 11.2 points
- Davies, three others combine to no-hit Dodgers
- Kiermaier ends no-hit bid after BoSox pull Pivetta
- Arizona Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Canadiens fans erupt after Montreal clinches spot in Stanley Cup Final
- Impact Wrestling News – Tommy Dreamer’s New On-Screen Role, Purrazzo vs. Susan
- Violent By Design Retain Impact Tag Titles & More (Highlights)
- Canadiens advance to Stanley Cup Final after defeating Golden Knights in Game 6
- REDBLACKS release six players
- Berra given first-class honor with U.S. stamp
- Indy Lights veteran Norman to make IndyCar debut in Mid-Ohio