Las Vegas @ Atlanta
Current Records: Las Vegas 6-4; Atlanta 3-7
What to Know
The Las Vegas Raiders have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Atlanta Falcons at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
The Raiders didn’t finish too far behind, but the team still lost 35-31 to the Kansas City Chiefs last week. Las Vegas’ loss came about despite a quality game from QB Derek Carr, who passed for three TDs and 275 yards on 31 attempts.
Meanwhile, Atlanta might have drawn first blood against the New Orleans Saints last week, but it was New Orleans who got the last laugh. The contest between them was not particularly close, with the Falcons falling 24-9. One thing working slightly against Atlanta was the run-of-the-mill game of their most targeted running back, RB Todd Gurley, who rushed for 26 yards on eight carries.
Special teams was responsible for all of the team’s points. K Younghoe Koo delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Las Vegas is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Las Vegas is now 6-4 while the Falcons sit at 3-7. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Raiders are second worst in the league in rushing touchdowns allowed, with 16 on the season. Atlanta has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the second most passing yards allowed per game in the NFL, having given up 313.6 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: CBS
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $79.88
The Raiders are a 3.5-point favorite against the Falcons, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Raiders as a 3-point favorite.
Atlanta won the only game these two teams have played in the last six years.
- Sep 18, 2016 – Atlanta 35 vs. Las Vegas 28
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Calvin Ridley: 11.62 points
- Matt Ryan: 22.06 points
- Hayden Hurst: 6.41 points
- Braves look to boost bullpen, bring back Greene
- DeGrom exits with side tightness, to have MRI
- Matt Hardy Responds To A Troll Fan, Paris De Silva Knocked Out, More
- News On Asuka, Jerry Lawler, Xavier Woods, Batista’s Most Dominant Wins, More
- Brad Keselowski’s crew chief sidelined for Goodyear 400 at Darlington
- Coyotes, head coach Rick Tocchet mutually agree to part ways
- TSN’s Lalji weighs present, future picks in CFL Draft
- Hamilton ‘learned more about Verstappen than any other race’
- Blue Jackets, John Tortorella mutually agree to part ways
- Rangers activate Davis, who started season on IL